Bad HPFP or leaking injectors?

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
ChrisOsbakk
Neutral

Bad HPFP or leaking injectors?

Post by ChrisOsbakk » Tue May 31, 2022 12:59 pm

Been having slight issues with rough idling and such so decided to check the fuel pressure using VCDS.

​​​​​​See attached images. First is on idle and second is with ign on only.

Question is, how do I know if its hpfp's or injectors thats leaking? 🤔

Also having issues with the flaps on both banks, stuck closed which will be resolved in the very near. Exept the fault codes, what kind of symptoms is stuck valves giving?

Also wonder what normal intake pressure/vacuum is on idle?

What spark plugs and gap have been known to work best on these engines?

RPM sensor, think it's G28? Known to fail? Were is that one mounted?
Attachments
1.png
2.png

cammmy
2nd Gear

Re: Bad HPFP or leaking injectors?

Post by cammmy » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:26 pm

I had poor spray pattern and a couple leaking injectors at about 90k miles. If you are taking the inlet off, I think it's worth sending them away for a service to a place that knows them. There's a plastic filter in them that can apparently disintegrate. They should replace that with a metal one. Just be careful taking them out, the injector bodies will be brittle.

ChrisOsbakk
Neutral

Re: Bad HPFP or leaking injectors?

Post by ChrisOsbakk » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:06 am

cammmy wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:26 pm
I had poor spray pattern and a couple leaking injectors at about 90k miles. If you are taking the inlet off, I think it's worth sending them away for a service to a place that knows them. There's a plastic filter in them that can apparently disintegrate. They should replace that with a metal one. Just be careful taking them out, the injector bodies will be brittle.

That is a good suggestion! I will prob send them away for a full service. Roughly 350 bucks for a complete overhaul so well worth it.

Btw.
When looking in VCDS, can I check fuel pressure for each bank? If so, which values are those in VCDS?

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”