Start up problems

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
trj
Neutral

Start up problems

Post by trj » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Hello guys!
I have some problems with my car that would be extremly nice to get rid of.

The car starts up just fine and sec. later the motor souds higher and darker.
Sometimes it stumbles and sound like it`s missfiring, for a few sec. but far from everytime. And only when motor is cold, never warm. And it also sets a
error code: "secondary air pump injection"- something.

1: Is the stumbeling/missfiring because of clogged pumpvalves??
2. Is it really a motor out job to fix this?
3. Do I need to fix this, or can I ignor it?

Problem nr: 2
When car is warmed up it happens that the rpm guage dont work at all. It never dies during drive, it`s only from start, and never with cold engine. When this occurs
there is also a strange thing happening: directly after start there is a faint rasping noise, hard to explain, not high, comming from the engine. It keeps going for just
a few sec. and then a VERY abrupt stop. You can not hear it with closed doors and it always sounds the same. And it only occurs when the guage fails.
It`s not conserning every start, sometimes it works with warm engine. And at last: IT DISAPPEARS WHEN I MOVE GEARBOX FROM NEUTRAL TO DRIVE, strange isn`t it??

Is there anyone out there who can help me, please!!??
/Robban
Sweden

Doug_RS6
3rd Gear

Re: Start up problems

Post by Doug_RS6 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:13 pm

Stumbing and misfiring when cold could be carbon build up or any number of issues including a vacuum leak.

The electrical issues could be as simple as a bad battery. I had a Jag XKR which had all sorts of gremlins including dead power steering, dials not working, random error codes etc etc. A new battery solved them all.

trj
Neutral

Re: Start up problems

Post by trj » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:01 pm

Thank's!

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”