2nd Gear

Re: Gearbox issue (again)

Post by Stiggles » Wed May 18, 2022 1:18 am

ATinOf wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:20 pm
Stiggles wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:42 pm

forcing it's way into 6th gear for safety
I cant imagine this statement ringing true in any sense other than the gearbox may appear to upshift to limit the revs to 2K; in which case its likely not the gearbox forcing this upshift, but the engine ECU

AFAIK Gearbox limp mode is basically stay in third or fifth and let the engine torque deal with driving home
There's no physical limitation on the revs once in 6th though. As soon as I take off, it will change up into 4th before I've got to 10mph, if you then nurse it to around 55/60 in 6th the car pulls normally as it should.

The engine Ecu is what I should've said in fairness, as it's obviously reading some kind of error, be it the lack of manifold flaps or the faulty sensor. But after the flaps were removed the car drove fine with no errors until I physically performed a VCDS fault code wipe, the ECU has been edited to not display the fault of the manifold runners being stuck open or closed but this didn't solve it, it sounds like brufo solved his issue with the sensors, he's posted in another thread saying they fixed something so I'm going to give that a try, I've got them on order.

If that also fails then it'll be going in for professional diagnosis as I'm not actually getting any codes to indicate what else it could be.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”