Rs6 c6 turbo upgrade

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Lukstasmith123
Neutral

Rs6 c6 turbo upgrade

Post by Lukstasmith123 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi guys

New to the forum been an owner for some years though,
Finally getting round to doing some maintenance on my car. I’d like to pick someone’s brains if possible on the tte850+ turbos I’ve managed to get hold of a set unused which I’ll be fitting to my car it already has kwe intercoolers and I’ve looked into a 3 inch kwe exhaust that they supply front to back non resonated. Bmc air filters and then looking to remap the engine and gearbox but do you have to do anything with the fueling or can I leave it as is and lose abit of power. I want it to be quicker and I believe it’s time to freshen the turbos up now anyway as it’s 10 years old and the engines coming out for the oil seal and coolant pipes so just figured to hit it all in one go. But it’s the fueling holding me back not sure which route to go?
Any ideas??
Cheers

Per_S
Neutral

Re: Rs6 c6 turbo upgrade

Post by Per_S » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=134904&p=937934

See Ian's answer, the second post. With the 850's you're entering territory where you need to improve fuel supply. Either Loba HPFP, Autotech's upgrade kit for the same pumps or another LPFP together with bigger injectors.

You can limit the power to avoid the increased cost of improving the fuel supply but considering what you're up to, it's not a massive difference to go all in with the TTE 850's.

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 am

Just a word of warning about the fitment of a KWE Exhaust (made by clubsport in Germany and just relabelled) - Whilst I think it sounds great, the fitment is pretty bad so you'll need a few extra hours at a custom exhaust Shop cutting/rewelding and/or rebending some of the pipes to make it fit correctly. On mine it was not fitting on both bends of the right side back-box section of pipe, which were bent incorrectly (incorrect angle used when welding) and both needed cutting, rebending and then rewelding as it was hitting the spare-wheel well, and then the left pipe also had more minor issues about halfway down the long centre centre section (red circles on image) which also needed cutting, twisting an rewelding.

So these aren't 100% direct fit, unless I happened to get a set where the Jig was screwed up? However once the fitment issues were sorted the noise it makes is really nice, if a little aggressive, with full throttle gear changes sounding far more like bangs/pops than the OEM wet fart sound.
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

welwynnick
4th Gear

Post by welwynnick » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:17 am

Ian,

Didn't you have some problems fitting KWE downpipes as well, or is my memory playing games?

Cheers, Nick

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:03 pm

welwynnick wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:17 am
Didn't you have some problems fitting KWE downpipes as well, or is my memory playing games?
I didn't have KWE downpipes, that was Classba and at least one other whose name I can't remember. I got MRC's de-cat downpipes and the left pipe was knocking against the gearbox at the cat-back connection end so it needed a a very small bit of tweaking at the downpipe to cat-back connection which moved the downpipe approx 1cm and then cleared the gearbox. Just one of the many workmanship issues I found post 900+ conversion sadly, most which were fixed by MRC at a later date but some which required fixing by others.
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”