New RS6 C6 Owner - Malaysia

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
RMC83
1st Gear

New RS6 C6 Owner - Malaysia

Post by RMC83 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:03 am

Hello,

Just thought i would drop in to say hi. Been lurking on the forum for a month or so now & have finally purchased a superb 2010 RS6 C6 plus saloon model...it's literally in brand spanking new condition, with only 30k on the clock...so really happy with the purchsse. I'm from Scotland, but have been living in Malaysia for the past 12yrs.

I picked up the car last week & within a couple of days, i took it for a dyno health check stock, then got a stage 1 remap done. Result is 650bhp & 980Nm torque, so i'm quite happy with that. It's obvious from the dyno graph though that the stock turbo's are suffering after approx 5k rpm as the curve goes flat & the torque starts dropping. I'm guessing this is due to stock downpipes, so there is a bottleneck in air flow & also air intake temps are causing issues with multiple dyno runs (daytime temps here are 30+deg C)...

So...the plan... :lol:

1. Peron 3" decat downpipes - already spoken to Peron.

2. Wagner IC - My tuning company here in KL are distributer's for these guys...so looking forward to seeing how this IC system performs. Having a good IC in malaysia i feel is super critical given the heat over here.

3. TTE 1000+ Turbo upgrade - downside is having the car off the road for a month while my turbo's are getting upgraded.

4. BMC Air Filters

I was originally going to keep std turbo's and go to go down the valved exhaust system route, as i want to keep the car noise at sensible levels when i need it (ie, with kids & wife in the car), but after discussions with the tuning company...they mentioned, just spend the money you were going to spend on exhaust on upgraded turbo's and just keep the stock exhaust with decat dp's, so this is now the plan & will keep the noise level at acceptable levels. Looking to make 900bhp / 1100Nm with above set up. I plan on keeping GB standard due to costs GB upgrade, which is why i will probably limit the torque to around 1100Nm.

Will let you know how things go...

Dont suppose anyone has a spare set of peron DP's or TTE turbo's kicking around do they that they wish to sell? My issue with the turbo's is the total time the car will be in bits & spending 7k euro's on a new set of turbo's is not on the cards.

Cheers
Roy
Attachments
20200220_190251.jpg
20200314_180135.jpg
Dyno graph numbers are based on wheels

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”