Engine Mount Open Circuit Diagnostic & Remediation?

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
skiwi
4th Gear

Engine Mount Open Circuit Diagnostic & Remediation?

Post by skiwi » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:05 am

Ok, My C6 has been throwing the odd "Engine Mount Open Circuit" code. Frequency is not a lot, but they are persistent.

005495 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145)
P1577 - 004 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 129917 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2019.12.24
Time: 11:50:02

Question for this group. Has anyone had experience replacing an engine mount on a C6 RS6? Does the engine have to come out, or can it be replaced somehow in situ?

Any help or BTDT would be appreciated. Thanks from down-under.

Cheers
Dave

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Re: Engine Mount Open Circuit Diagnostic & Remediation?

Post by Jim Haseltine » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:34 pm

Judging from things I saw when I worked on my turbos I don't think it's possible to replace a mount without removing the engine. The problem as I see it is the engine breather pipes that connect to the turbo inlets, they're almost impossible to get to with the engine in place and the turbo inlet pipes can't be removed with them attached. The inlet pipes hide the bolt which holds the mount to the engine bracket and I don't think there's sufficient space to be able to get between the pipe and the bracket. The electrical connection is about as easy to get to as anything else on the engine and the mount to body bracket nut is dead easy once the rollbar has been removed.

skiwi
4th Gear

Post by skiwi » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Thanks Jim - that's helpful and much as I expected. Of course I'm assuming that this faults is not simply the electrical connection, so I will look first to check that. If that checks out OK, I will wait until the annual service and then get O2 and other bits replaced at the same time.

What did you do with your ur-q? IIRC you had an MB?

Cheers
Dave

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Post by Jim Haseltine » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:50 pm

The MB is in my garage in bits & pieces, where it's been since an engine meltdown in 2007. Engine, running gear and suspension are rebuilt, I've just got the nearside rear quarter and door to sort out before it can be painted. The lever diff WR has had all the incorrect and later model parts replaced with correct OE parts for the model year but is waiting for some welding and a replacement fuel tank fitting.
Most of the last year has been spent dodging the weather while dealing with the turbos and other stuff on the RS but I'll be back into working on the Urs once I retire - something which is happening in 16 days.

skiwi
4th Gear

Post by skiwi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:25 am

Good to know! I sold my RR about 15 year ago. It's stayed with the same owner and is still mint. Worth quite a lot more than I sold it for, but no real regrets - with busy work and family, my time to really appreciate the car was as a young single guy, and will be when I, like you, retire. Great cars though, and a noble cause for restoration....

cheers

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”