Considering a C6

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
KWheeler
1st Gear

Considering a C6

Post by KWheeler » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am

Morning Chaps,

I'm sure this has been asked before somewhere in the forum (at least 10 times!), however, a fresh perspective is always welcomed and I thanks anyone in advance that finds the time to reply. I currently have a B7 RS4 and a B5 S4, I'm considering moving to a C6 RS6 for all the main reasons you guys find yourself owning one, V10 power, comfort, practicality etc.

I'm aware of the oil seal leak and that is engine out etc, as well as potential problems with DRC, what else is worth noting in terms of turbo's, intercoolers, injectors etc? Consumables such as brakes, tyres and regular maintenance for oil, gearbox servicing etc I'm fully aware this is a very expensive car to maintain.

On a side note, has anyone got any experience parking one in a single garage with a 213cm (7ft entry)? My garage expands to 250cm internally, however, having reviewed RS6 width with mirrors at 205cm, I wondered really how practical it is getting the car in and out once a week. If someone has attempted/manages this I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Kristian
2010 RS6 Plus saloon number 433 in Mugello blue Stage 1 APR map and filter, Milltek Non Resonated, RR 655PS/949NM
Interior Audi exclusive leather package 2 in valcona, climate comfort seats, electric steering column, adaptive cruise, parking system advanced, garage door opener, UV glass.

Current:
10 RS6 Plus Stage 1
15 Golf R stage 1

Previous:
07 RS4 saloon Mugello blue
07 MKV R32
03 Impreza STI
99 RX7 Type R
01 TT 225Q
97 A4 2.8Q

corgi
Neutral

Re: Considering a C6

Post by corgi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:36 am

They're all getting on a bit now so you should budget for suspension bushes etc. and other age/wear related issues. In fact having a significant - I'm talking a few thousand pounds - repair fund would be my recommendation. Go in with your eyes open.

DRC issues, in my experience, are down to corroded pipework the rest is fairly robust.

I used to have a Jag 5.0 XKR Convertible - wide and surprisingly long... the measurements showed that it would fit in the garage but only just. I found it helped to place two shaving mirrors at the end of the garage to make it easier to see the clearance. I had a double garage so opening the drivers door to get out wasn't an issue... in a garage ~8' wide... getting in and out might be tight...

pcorpe
2nd Gear

Post by pcorpe » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:14 pm

I have a double garage, but with 2 single 7ft doors.

The garage doors are an up and over style, and on the inside of the garage door, ie above you as you drive in, I've mounted a parabolic lorry mirror as I was initially worried about clipping the side and line up. in practice I no longer use this as though there's only a little wiggle room each side I've not once brushed a mirror on the RS, my wife's Audi, on the other hand, seems to be magnetically drawn to the frame, but I tend to fold the mirrors if I'm too close ;-)

Curly Head
Neutral

Post by Curly Head » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Kristian - I have sent you a pm 👍🏼

Per_S
Neutral

Post by Per_S » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:43 pm

KWheeler wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:02 am
I'm aware of the oil seal leak and that is engine out etc, as well as potential problems with DRC, what else is worth noting in terms of turbo's, intercoolers, injectors etc?
The engine can stay in place when doing the oil pump seal.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”