Prospective ownership questions?

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
IanH755
Top Gear

Re: Prospective ownership questions?

Post by IanH755 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Numero9 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 am
So apart from the oil seal & coolant pipes is there anything else to look out for? Will take a torch and look underneath it for any oil leaks.
Those two are the more specific "RS6" issues, other than those the cars are mainly 10+ years old now so they're getting more generic issues like bushes, hoses etc which are getting old and perishing/cracking so take a very good look underneath the engine bay, around the Gearbox and around the suspension for any DRC leaks.

If you have the ability I'd also take an OBD/VCDS reader if you can just to scan for any fault codes too.
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

Numero9
Neutral

Post by Numero9 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:02 pm

IanH755 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm
Numero9 wrote:
So apart from the oil seal & coolant pipes is there anything else to look out for? Will take a torch and look underneath it for any oil leaks.
Those two are the more specific "RS6" issues, other than those the cars are mainly 10+ years old now so they're getting more generic issues like bushes, hoses etc which are getting old and perishing/cracking so take a very good look underneath the engine bay, around the Gearbox and around the suspension for any DRC leaks.

If you have the ability I'd also take an OBD/VCDS reader if you can just to scan for any fault codes too.
Well the dealer I went to see had a ramp so if I go again I'd definitely ask for the car to be lifted and for the undertray to be removed, often the forget to clean these so if there is a leak it should be spotted.

I have an OBDII reader which I can borrow. I think I have the one only concern is the history is a copy/duplicate as the original was lost at some point in the past but the printout from Audi is fairly comprehensive

Albigularis
Neutral

Post by Albigularis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:45 pm

IanH755 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm
Numero9 wrote:

Ian, I've seen a few of your posts with very helpful and comprehensive C6 documents hosted on your website, do you have a link to where they all are by any chance so I may grab a copy?

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:23 am

Albigularis wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:45 pm
Ian, I've seen a few of your posts with very helpful and comprehensive C6 documents hosted on your website, do you have a link to where they all are by any chance so I may grab a copy?
Here you go - viewtopic.php?f=47&t=119322

They are just little snippets taken from the Elsawin manual, you might be able to get a copy on Ebay/Torrent etc but it's a fair old size!
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”