Asr

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Ads50
1st Gear

Asr

Post by Ads50 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:14 pm

I have recently noticed how much the asr kicks in, I’m starting to think that with it on it cuts the power by 15-20% most of the time, anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ads50 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanH755
Top Gear

Re: Asr

Post by IanH755 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 pm

Even when mine was at 735hp with MPSS tyres the car never had the ASR kick in from 2nd gear upwards if the road was dry and fairly straight (not even on the track) but in 1st gear or if the road was damp/wet then it would kick-in flashing the dash light and reducing the power heavily (50%+ reduction) until the throttle was lifted completely. However, if I was cornering heavily then the same dash light would activate however that is the ESP function working and not the ASR alone.

What are you specifically doing when the ASR light on the dash activates and what tyres do you have fitted?

Just for clarity regarding the difference between ESP and ASR seen as they both work on the same button -

"The electronic stabilisation program (ESP) applies the brakes on individual wheels to help to keep the car moving in the desired direction during rapid steering inputs or cornering. The program uses the anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), the electronic differential lock (EDL) and the traction control (ASR) system."

"ASR only operates in conjunction with the electronic accelerator and uses components of the anti-lock braking system (ABS). If one wheel spins the ASR intervenes in the engine management system and reduces power until the wheel stops spinning. ASR can also help the driver maintain control even if the limit of adhesion is inadvertently reached while cornering as part of the ESP."
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

Ads50
1st Gear

Post by Ads50 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:11 am

Ok to put it in simple terms, when I press and hold the esp button it feels like it has and 20% more power, Michelin pilots 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:29 am

If it's a constant feeling of a 20% loss during straight driving then there's a few things which could cause that -

1. a dodgy ABS sensor (or info from the sensor being corrupted) as they are used by the ASR to sense wheel spin and they are disconnected from the ASR system when you press and hold the ESP button but I'd expect to see a ASR dash light active if the power reduction was ASR specific.

2. Different size tyres, say worn rears and new fronts activating the ASR but again I think the ASR dash light would flash.

3. The ASR software in the ECU having a problem.

4. The ESP software causing the EBD to activate holding the brakes slightly on until you hold the ESP button down to disable it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”