DRC suspension levels/ride height

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Toady1
3rd Gear

DRC suspension levels/ride height

Post by Toady1 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:51 am

Has anyone ever had the DRC fluid make an exit on their car? If so then did it raise the suspension? If the gas is low, will the car be higher? I can't see why as surely its all set by the springs, but I'm sure mine sits slightly higher at the front than the rear. I had new springs fitted end of last year to the rear, the fronts look good, perhaps they've been replaced before, perhaps they're not the right ones for the car? I have no obvious signs that the gas has leaked or is leaking on mine, its bone dry. Also the suspension setting can be changed, and the shock light illuminates and goes out as expected on start up.

I've got to replace the front upper arms soon, so I'll see if I can view any part numbers on the springs (doubtful I know).

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Re: DRC suspension levels/ride height

Post by Jim Haseltine » Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 am

I had a split hose at the right rear and a broken spring. The spring did make a difference to the height with the tyre/arch gap reduced by about a finger's width. I found both after noticing that during a trip with a passenger in the rear right seat the suspension would bottom out occasionally and after we parked up there was a small pool of oil. Could still change the suspension setting and didn't get a warning light but then I only drove it for around 20 miles before I got it fixed.
there aren't any part numbers on the springs, Audi identify them by coloured paint bands - well, actually, they're more like paint splashes.

c3nturi0n
3rd Gear

Post by c3nturi0n » Thu May 23, 2019 10:26 am

i recently replaced rear shock following a failure together with rear springs and bump stops. DRC was "re-charged" and i must stress out that the car now feels much stiffer / firmer on the road. So i guess combination of new parts and new DRC oil have made the difference if that helps!
2008 RS6 Avant (Monza Silver)
- Stage II MRC tune with gearbox (720PS/850Nm)
- MIJ Powerflow exhaust (non-res)
- H&R ARBs

Toady1
3rd Gear

Post by Toady1 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:01 am

Well mine drives fine suspensionwise, it isn't wallowy, feels tight still and handles well. Its just sitting slightly higher at the front than at the rear. Can get a finger between the arch and tyre at the front, but not at the back. Its an estate too.

BW_90024
Neutral

Post by BW_90024 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Had both sorted at the back, each time one went, I heard a knock noise at low speed. Also if you break suddenly you might notice on me if the corners dipping more than normal. Replaced parts, recharged and feels a load better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toady1
3rd Gear

Post by Toady1 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:34 am

Yer I've no knocking or wooly handling. I think its just the springs on the front. I'll check them when I replace the front upper bushes. Yes Jim you're right, my back ones were coded by coloured dots.

RS6-T28RPH
2nd Gear

Post by RS6-T28RPH » Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 pm

I had a front drivers side dump its oil out, that corner turned into the low rider, not safe/ideal at all. Ended up getting MRC to replace that shock and all the DRC flexi lines then pressurise the system, car was mega afterwards. Spring wise I had a snapped rear drivers side, took the opportunity to goto KW height adjustables and all good now
Esben Business IT Solutions - http://www.esben.co.uk
Esben Remapping - http://remap.esben.co.uk

2015 BMW X6 M50d (wife-transport, not allowed to touch :cry: )
2008 RS6 Avant Phantom Black - MRC Stage2 (ecu, tcu & 2nd cat bypass) 730 PS/1017 nm
2006 BMW 535d Pre-LCI - Stage 1 (340bhp)
2003 VW Polo 1.4Tdi (3pot shitbox) tuning project, was 73bhp, now 120bhp, aiming for 160bhp before it goes bang! (put in the bin)

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”