Front grill removal

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Rs jonka
Neutral

Front grill removal

Post by Rs jonka » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi am I right in saying you have to remove the front bumper to change the front grille and to remove the two lower vents thanks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Re: Front grill removal

Post by Jim Haseltine » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:08 pm

You won't get the grill off with the bumper in place. You might be able to get the vents out with the aid of a very thin pry tool of some sort but it'd be easier with the bumper off.

Rs jonka
Neutral

Post by Rs jonka » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Jim Haseltine wrote:You won't get the grill off with the bumper in place. You might be able to get the vents out with the aid of a very thin pry tool of some sort but it'd be easier with the bumper off.
Thanks Jim I will wait until my new one turns up then have a go

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Post by Jim Haseltine » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Piece of advice - take note of where the grill mounting screws fit, which I didn't when I dismantled it. My car has been messed with at the front*, but I found 2 different length screws, a load short (12mm) and 2 long (20mm). Eventually I found the longer screws fit about half way down the sides. Oh, and watch out for the retaining clip on the headlight washer connector, if it makes a break for freedom it'll likely spring a long way and then bounce. 10 minutes of searching (on concrete luckily) located it under one of the other cars.
*The bumper has always looked to be slightly offset to the left - nothing I could put my finger on, the left side bumper/bonnet/headlight just didn't look quite right at times. I found one of the distance pieces was missing and when I measured things the metal bumper bar was off-centre by around 1cm. Loosened all the bracket bolts (8) then eased it across. Put the bumper back on today - it looks a lot better now.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”