Front Audi rings removal?

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Doug_RS6
3rd Gear

Front Audi rings removal?

Post by Doug_RS6 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Just wondering. I know the front plate and holder can be removed without leaving anything behind on the front grill. Can the same be said for the rings? Removing the rings themselves easy, but can the mounting point also pop off similar to the plate holder? I'm not a fan of clutter and would quite like to have one of the newer style "Quattro" emblems along the lower edge of the grill but would want everything else cleared away first. I'm not 100% sure what I'll do with the plate. Thinking as short as possible a plate and maybe offset or something. Anyway I'm rambling. So back to my original point.

Thanks

Rs jonka
Neutral

Re: Front Audi rings removal?

Post by Rs jonka » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Doug_RS6 wrote:Just wondering. I know the front plate and holder can be removed without leaving anything behind on the front grill. Can the same be said for the rings? Removing the rings themselves easy, but can the mounting point also pop off similar to the plate holder? I'm not a fan of clutter and would quite like to have one of the newer style "Quattro" emblems along the lower edge of the grill but would want everything else cleared away first. I'm not 100% sure what I'll do with the plate. Thinking as short as possible a plate and maybe offset or something. Anyway I'm rambling. So back to my original point.

Thanks
I'm looking at doing the same I think the front bumper has to come off to remove the the number plate backing and the holder which the rings sit on.as for the number plate either a smaller plate right low down or off set to the right hand side

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Doug_RS6
3rd Gear

Post by Doug_RS6 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Number plate and holder remove from the front. 2 screws and a gentle pull.

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Post by Jim Haseltine » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:12 am

I'm in the middle of sorting my grill after (I suspect) somebody with a tow ball had a parking 'incident' which cracked it.
The rings and holder are screwed and clipped to a ring shaped mounting section of the OE grill - when you remove them you aren't left with a clean mesh grill.
IMG_20181228_091310_651[1].jpg
To go completely badge free you'll need to get a plain grill.

Rs jonka
Neutral

Post by Rs jonka » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Jim Haseltine wrote:I'm in the middle of sorting my grill after (I suspect) somebody with a tow ball had a parking 'incident' which cracked it.
The rings and holder are screwed and clipped to a ring shaped mounting section of the OE grill - when you remove them you aren't left with a clean mesh grill.
IMG_20181228_091310_651[1].jpg
To go completely badge free you'll need to get a plain grill.
These grills you see on Ebay for around £140 will they fit the rs6 or are they just for a normal c6 ,Only wondering as some say will not fit s line

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Post by Jim Haseltine » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 am

Fit i can't comment on, all I can say is that when I found mine cracked I did some Ebay browsing as I'm unwilling to lay out £800 for an OE grill just for somebody else to punt hole in it. I was quite interested in what looked like an excellent Chinese knock-off of the standard RS6 grill until I noticed that the item pictured was a genuine grill. That made me wonder what exactly would arrive so I fixed mine with bridging glue and filler then gave it 10 or so coats of gloss black. It's rather let down by the gravel rashed surround but that can be sorted with some wrap when the weather is warmer.

mik15
3rd Gear

Post by mik15 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:32 pm

i bought one off a german Shop, www.finest-car-art.de. I was also very skeptical to its quality but it turned out to be really well made, i don't think you could tell the difference, here is an actual picture of mine when it arrived. You can also find them on ebay

2004 RS6 by ABT, madly in love with it, RNS-E, ST coilovers, new TC, 19x9x29 RS4 B7 wheels, non-resonated Milltek w/blk tips, TBC....SOLD - but never to be forgotten!
2004 RS6 ebony schwarz, SE exhaust, 19'' rims - SOLD
'09 RS6 C6 - the great white - now, this means business!

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”