Oil Leak - Don't think it's the usual one

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Stiggles
2nd Gear

Re: Oil Leak - Don't think it's the usual one

Post by Stiggles » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:52 pm

IanH755 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Ouch - Every owner must go through this, were you think the car is fine but when you reeeealy start looking, well then all the nightmares start! :D
The worst of it all is when you leave it into a dealership who then seemingly cause more faults than it went in with.

I've currently got mine being thoroughly looked over as I want to ensure it'll be trouble free

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Re: Oil Leak - Don't think it's the usual one

Post by Jim Haseltine » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:58 pm

This is what I've been dealing with this weekend:
The remains of the stud wound out easily once I'd got a hole in it that would take an Eze-Out. Cutting the hole took 3 hours with a tungsten cutter though, partly because access was er, 'limited', to say the least but mainly because no drill bit I had - even brand new left hand bits - wouldn't touch it, dunno for certain what these studs are made of but the new one has A2 stamped on the end so I assume that it's stainless.
Problem I've got now is that coupled with the lack of access, the metal pipe just below the red oval is dead in line with the axis of the stud so fitting the new one is a challenge.
And the oil on the side of the head? Every rocker cover bolt on the right cover was slightly loose (and so were a few on the left), needing about a quarter turn to reach 9Nm, I'm guessing it's in need of new gaskets.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”