MOT

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
huntersmob
2nd Gear

MOT

Post by huntersmob » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:40 am

I had my rs6 tested yesterday and it failed because the brake pads warning light was on any idea when this come onto force ?( turns out it was the wire faulty) also had advisory on nsf front shock anyone had these done and any idea of the costs cheers in advance

Jim Haseltine
4th Gear

Re: MOT

Post by Jim Haseltine » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 am

Pad warning has been included in the MoT since 20th May this year, prior to that with the exception of tyre pressure warnings it was pretty much only red warning lamps that would fail the test. If you don't want to replace the sensor (which is actually not a difficult job) the easy fix is to cut the wires, twist and/or solder them then insulate the joint.
Shocks themselves are a bit of a pain thanks to the complexity of the front suspension and refilling the DRC which needs a special pump. Before it's done get the shock hoses checked all around the car, you don't want to have to pay for it and then go through it again if one of the hoses lets go shortly afterwards. Cost- I dunno but a hose and road spring on the rear rushed me around £800 including the DRC recharge for something that mechanic-wise I reckon I could have done in about an hour - my local dealer isn't the cheapest where labour charges are concerned and they don't exactly rush jobs.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”