C6 - RS or S Avant?

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
c3nturi0n
3rd Gear

C6 - RS or S Avant?

Post by c3nturi0n » Tue May 29, 2018 5:26 pm

afternoon,

and hope you are all doing well... i'm contemplating an option to get back on Ger turgf (again) following a short excursion into the world of "British" motoring (and Jaaaags :boohoo:).

Having owned several C6's in the past, I kinda know what to expect of them... however the dilemma that I have is should I just go for plain std Audi (and S6) or go that extra mile and opt for top of the range RS model? Latter is significantly more expensive and i'm sure that same would apply to maintenance :jump_clap:. And with ever increasing scrutiny re speed controls, emissions (e.g. ULEZ from 2019), fines, cost of motoring etc... is it worth it?

Thx and look fwd to your feedback.

ps. I love the car and having driven one recently got me back into early 20s (albeit I could hardly afford Uno 1.0 then :beerchug:).
2008 RS6 Avant (Monza Silver)
- Stage II MRC tune with gearbox (720PS/850Nm)
- MIJ Powerflow exhaust (non-res)
- H&R ARBs

CHEQUERED
1st Gear

Re: C6 - RS or S Avant?

Post by CHEQUERED » Thu May 31, 2018 1:08 am

i dont think i could go back to a S of any model after owning the RS.

Maybe a S7 would be the exception.

You will love it, that said if fuel consumption is a concern then avoid the V10 all together.

pcorpe
2nd Gear

Re: C6 - RS or S Avant?

Post by pcorpe » Thu May 31, 2018 8:25 am

i had an S for a few years before trading up. if you can cope with the known challenges (running costs, known trouble spots etc) then i'd recommend the RS, way more fun at stage 2. the handling on the old S just didn't inspire confidence.

If you choose an S, at some point you will encounter an RS C6, and at that point are you going to think 'i nearly had one of those' and regret the decision? for me it was timing i was waiting for a few years for the right RS to come up, but the S just didn't have the sparkle and fun factor. the only thing i miss from the S was the placement of the DRL, but the movement of air in the RS forced the change, needs must.

if you can go for the RS, then save a little extra each month to keep it going and on-top of what might happen.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”