Power & Light upgrades

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Johno999
Neutral

Power & Light upgrades

Post by Johno999 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 am

As an update to my post "Relatively new owner and upgrades”
Received an email of Trups saying that the conversion on the headlights was complete and he was heading to MRC to help install and set them up. MRC had already completed all the work needed (engine out for oil leak, replace all gaskets and seals, change spark plugs, replace coolant lines, fit KW platforms and H&R anti-roll bars, replace suspension arms and drop links, gearbox service and remap, lower the car and four wheel alignment and stage 2 remap and pops and crackles added). :biggrin2:
After a few hours of setting up the lights. Note: quad headlight conversion with 4 x G5 exl projectors (each projector 1000 Lux at the hotspot) and Osram cbi’s. Also had an interior kit fitted and MTM puddle lights. Also note that this headlight kit is only available in left hand drive. Finally, the front bumper could be installed and out for a road test!
At this stage I’m flying across to Heathrow and looking forward to picking her up. When I received an email from MRC stating that Doug wasn’t happy with the way the car was holding the road and it was dangerous (something that I was used to and since I didn’t have any baseline on which to compare it too, I thought it was normal). Anyway, new front shocks ordered, arrived the next morning and fitted by the team, the original shocks were f**ked!
Another test drive by Doug and got the thumbs up, you can actually feel the different settings in DRC now, something that I never did, the car feels planted and sooooo much faster.
The drive back to Germany was a blast, albeit getting flashed by a few cars at night time as the lights are so bright (illuminating street signs in the day time). Winter tyres still fitted so limited to 240KPH but huge difference to the way the car was before heading to MRC. Previous dyno runs with MTM tune and final runs with MRC are shown in the graph.
Ok – now time to save up a chunk more money and see what’s next.
Huge thanks to the team at MRC and for Trups doing all the lighting. :bowdown:
Attachments
Final 1.jpg
Final 2.jpg
Final 3.jpg
Final 4.jpg
Final 5.jpg
Final 6.jpg
Final 7.jpg
Light 1.jpg
Dyno.jpg

chunky79
Cruising

Re: Power & Light upgrades

Post by chunky79 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

That's a nice looking C6! Colour suits it cause C6 avants normally look pretty crap imo.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”