Boot lid interior trim removal tips please- saloon

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
SteveG
3rd Gear

Boot lid interior trim removal tips please- saloon

Post by SteveG » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:54 pm

I need to get to and remove the inner tail lights that are incorporated into the boot lid. I cannot see how to get to them, am assuming that the interior trim needs to be removed as there are no cutouts visible that might give access to the mounting screws. How do I get to them or remove that piece of trim to get access please ??...hope I am being clear so you understand me.

CheeRS

moss
Neutral

Re: Boot lid interior trim removal tips please- saloon

Post by moss » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 pm

i asked this question to tim from the phirm when he collected my car for a service yesterday, it appears there is 3 or 4 little screws on the bottom of the tail gate, it was dark but i assume torx screws, remove them and it should unclip, once thats off its a matter of removing the 1 nut that holds the inner lights on and popping them out.. which i will be attempting tomorrow if this rain ever stops

SteveG
3rd Gear

Post by SteveG » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Nice one Moss 😎

moss
Neutral

Post by moss » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:38 pm

scrap that .. i completed the inner light change today, after removing the 4 torx screws i realised that you just need to tug hard on the corners and there is a small window flap that opens up ! so torx screws back in and i was able to remove inner light with 2 failed leds and replace with shiny new one :) job done..

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”