New C6 owner with queries

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
ArtofGrunt
Neutral

New C6 owner with queries

Post by ArtofGrunt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Traded the old C5 RS6 in for a newer C6 Avant version, was getting sick of rating every gear shift out of 10 and the deal i was offered in trade it was too good to say no. Cherry on top was the 3 year warranty and unlimited 5K claim limit.

Loving the difference between both the models, the C6 feeling more solid and tighter than a turtles anus

Have a couple of questions that from what i have read, i have not seen asked on the forum yet

Car was remapped, Stage 1 with circa 720bhp but there is no paperwork to prove. Is there anyway to find out who done the remap. Against a friends std saloon, this took off like a scolded cat, so we figured this is not std Audi anymore. Car has had numerous plate changes so do i call various garages and give them the variuos plates the car has had and take it from there or do i send the previous owner. I want the car to have a decent map on it and before i spend £xxxx pounds, it would be nice/wise to know who done the current tune/map

V10XRS Car information

This 2008 Audi RS6 on numberplate V10 XRS was first registered on Tuesday 17th of June 2008 near Aberdeen. It had been previously registered under CDA2W, 43S, RF08KFX, B10HNP, J1NAD. At an estimated 62,194 miles, this car has done a lower than average number of miles for its age. This car had 5 previous owners before the current keeper acquired it.It was painted orange previously.

The car was on air ride at one point and it returned to DRC prior to being sold back in 2015, MRC done the re-fitment work but i do not have the DRC select on the MMI screen. Is it possible to have this activated through VCDS or similar?

Occasionally my tacho stops working, if i pull over and restart the car it works. Nothing major, just annoying

In the 2 weeks i have had her i have probably consumed about £300 of fuel in about 300 - 350 miles, loving every second of that Milltek noise and effortless torque

Thanks

IanH755
Top Gear

Re: New C6 owner with queries

Post by IanH755 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm

This was an ex-show car with a House of Candy custom grey paint-job, with yellow RS4 Buckets & yellow interior riding on Air suspension that was up for sale for a massive amount of time (around a year IIRC) from a company (Unique Prestige - don't know if it was them who modded it or just the sellers) who advertised it on eBay April '15 when they said it had the following:-

Unique Prestige are delighted to offer this RS6 in Showroom Condition.

- Remap to 700+ BHP
- Airlift
- House of Kolor Galaxy Grey
- Full Retrim Yellow/Alcantara leather throughout
- Alcantara Roof lining
- Carbon pack
- Milltek CAT back
- BMC Highflow Filters

but in early '16 (Jan-Mar) it was stripped back to standard DRC at MRC who also re-mapped it (I spoke to Ben@MRC about it while my car was there) and I think the yellow interior/seats may have sold off too (were advertised on this site - viewtopic.php?f=47&t=114832&p=732973&hi ... on#p732973).

If you chat to MRC and tell them the V10XRS reg and that it was the air suspension RS6 they'll remember it and hopefully help you out a bit with the mapping history.

Interior pic - download/file.php?id=29463&mode=view

***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

ArtofGrunt
Neutral

Post by ArtofGrunt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write the thorough response

She has had a few colour changes, Flat Grey and Burnt Orange. Been wrapped for events as a Police car

Since i bought her i have been contacted through FB/Instagram/Twitter telling me it was a show car and who owned but a lot of info conflicted each other. Someone told me it was on Bilstein and Unit20 done the APR map, another told me DRC with MRC map (called MRC and they remember fitting the DRC in late 2015 but they do not recall the car being mapped) and another claimed QST mapped/looked after the car.

Nothing wrong with her except the occasional tacho fault but because most of my old cars always had a decent traceable history, not knowing what this one has had done is annoying as i dont want to waste money

Thanks Grant

ArtofGrunt
Neutral

Post by ArtofGrunt » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Still looking to see if i can reinstate the DRC control settings on the MMI, either through hardware or maybe a VCDS setting? Taking it to a local guru at the start of next week to see what is possible VCDS wise

Grant
Last edited by ArtofGrunt on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Golfather
Cruising

Post by Golfather » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Sport Suspension Plus option can be enabled through the MMI using the developer menu.

http://mr-fix.info/audi-mmi-3g-hidden-g ... scription/

However Shiv (original owner) was looking to fit a module when he removed the DRC to stop the error on the dash.
Not sure if he ended up doing this using a hardware mod or through VCDS...

Brucie Boy
Neutral

Post by Brucie Boy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Holy thread revival Batman. So the above car is back up for sale and I am considering it. Just wondered if the previous owner would be keen to share any stories about it or in anyone has an opinion on it. It looks cheap but having seen it was a show car etc i do worry.

Keen to hear from anyone selling a C6 RS6.

Kind Regards, Bruce

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”