Anyone know this RS6 Plus?

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
TWG1
1st Gear

Re: Anyone know this RS6 Plus?

Post by TWG1 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:27 pm

Bit of a thread revival !
Had a look at this today, paint looked ok they said its been polished but picked up the issues mentioned, tyres and the servicing, what I am confused about is the spec, the other add mentioned its de limited as well.

Its on long life servicing , so how does that work out ? is it based on use as there seems to regularity to the services.

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:27 pm

TWG1 wrote:Bit of a thread revival !
Had a look at this today, paint looked ok they said its been polished but picked up the issues mentioned, tyres and the servicing, what I am confused about is the spec, the other add mentioned its de limited as well.

Its on long life servicing , so how does that work out ? is it based on use as there seems to regularity to the services.

That' cars had £6k knocked off it in last 3 months - I think they will let it got for £29500/30k
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

AdrianE
2nd Gear

Post by AdrianE » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:43 pm

TWG1 wrote:Bit of a thread revival !

All Plus models are factory delimited (to a higher speed than the optional factory limiter removal on non-Plus) - the Plus spec gets some bits that were options normally (twin pane glass among them IIRC) but the options I listed are those that are options on a Plus spec as a starting point.

I didn't like the long gaps between oil changes, even if the mileage wasn't ludicrous in between. I can't recall the details, as we were looking at it mid-October @ £40k but I think there may be an early service not stamped in the book, so worth checking out with your local main dealer. Even extended 'longlife' service intervals max out at 2 years on time grounds, under ideal conditions. A low annual miles RS6 is unlikely to go more than about 14-16 months between demands for an oil change, which makes me think the intervals have been stretched. Most owners would never go beyond 12 months, even at low miles, and many will change the oil more frequently than that.

I'm looking for a cosseted keeper so it wasn't for me but I thought it went OK - someone else commented they thought it was sluggish on kick down, but I didn't get to try much hard driving out on test drive and don't have experience of driving other examples to compare to. A gearbox oil and filter change is probably a good plan, as it isn't part of the service schedule but should be done for longevity
2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black leather, 9x20 7 spokes, tech pack high, phone prep high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, cruise, DAB, parking system plus, storage pack, through load

===SOLD=== 2002 S8 4.2 Final Edition in Avus Silver with mauve (purple!) leather, 8.5x20 9 spokes, bi-xenons, 10 way electric Recaros, added RNS-E, hybrid TV and bluetooth goodness - and a Milltek ===SOLD===

TWG1
1st Gear

Post by TWG1 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:51 am

Thanks for the reply's, he is stuck on £34k when we were speaking on sat, I see it at 30k but aware it needs a service and plugs, I missed the dink in the door and other paintwork issues that was spotted by someone else.

I picked up the tyres and a little tram-lining but was not sure if that was a feature or fault ! also slight judder under braking the discs looked ok as did the pads, I did not notice any issues with the box but i used the paddles to change down.

To me it went well, but that said I have not had a quick car in a few years.

Regarding the servicing, I thought two services were quite close together which I thought odd.

I am tempted though!

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:03 am

His car will be stuck at £34k then!

Show him £30k of hard readies and he will bend
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

AdrianE
2nd Gear

Post by AdrianE » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:01 am

TWG1 wrote:Thanks for the reply's, he is stuck on £34k when we were speaking on sat, I see it at 30k but aware it needs a service and plugs, I missed the dink in the door and other paintwork issues that was spotted by someone else.

I picked up the tyres and a little tram-lining but was not sure if that was a feature or fault ! also slight judder under braking the discs looked ok as did the pads, I did not notice any issues with the box but i used the paddles to change down.

Regarding the servicing, I thought two services were quite close together which I thought odd.

I am tempted though!
When we viewed it was a young lad from the Mini side of the showroom and there was paperwork in the file suggesting it owes them £31.5k. That may be spurious, but might be an indicator of their absolute bottom line if they clear £1k over that.

You need to look at the details of the service stamps and what they're associated with - from memory it had a service, then went in again shortly after for some time based work (brake fluid or air-con IIRC). It's a shame the service history invoices are missing....
2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black leather, 9x20 7 spokes, tech pack high, phone prep high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, cruise, DAB, parking system plus, storage pack, through load

===SOLD=== 2002 S8 4.2 Final Edition in Avus Silver with mauve (purple!) leather, 8.5x20 9 spokes, bi-xenons, 10 way electric Recaros, added RNS-E, hybrid TV and bluetooth goodness - and a Milltek ===SOLD===

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:05 am

AdrianE wrote:
TWG1 wrote:Thanks for the reply's, he is stuck on £34k when we were speaking on sat, I see it at 30k but aware it needs a service and plugs, I missed the dink in the door and other paintwork issues that was spotted by someone else.

I am tempted though!
When we viewed it was a young lad from the Mini side of the showroom and there was paperwork in the file suggesting it owes them £31.5k. That may be spurious, but might be an indicator of their absolute bottom line if they clear £1k over that.

You need to look at the details of the service stamps and what they're associated with - from memory it had a service, then went in again shortly after for some time based work (brake fluid or air-con IIRC). It's a shame the service history invoices are missing....
Yes but they will also be willing to offload it regardless of what it owes them as it's been sat around for so long. This maybe the opportune time to grab it for a decent price.
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

TWG1
1st Gear

Post by TWG1 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:20 pm

I am tempted though![/quote]

You need to look at the details of the service stamps and what they're associated with - from memory it had a service, then went in again shortly after for some time based work (brake fluid or air-con IIRC). It's a shame the service history invoices are missing....[/quote]

As you say its a shame the invoices are not there, there are two at southend close together.

Keith

AdrianE
2nd Gear

Post by AdrianE » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm

rtd wrote: Yes but they will also be willing to offload it regardless of what it owes them as it's been sat around for so long. This maybe the opportune time to grab it for a decent price.
I agree - may need to be prepared to sit it out for a few more weeks, or leave an 'here's my offer - ring me when it's enough'

Peter202
Neutral

Post by Peter202 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 am

I thought I would do a slight thread resurrection here to share my ownership experiences of BJ60 KZV from the last 18 months.
Having been lurking for many years now I took the opportunity to attend AITP9 last year and meet a few of you splendid chaps and looking over some fine examples of the cars that you rarely see on today’s roads.

So it was only after collecting the car that I found this thread but I had carried out a fair amount of research and coming from owning a B7 S4 gave me some ideas on what to look for regarding condition. The previous S4 was grey reg YC55 ZXO and a very good ownership experience from the 5 years I spent with it, anyone’s on here?

My findings on the RS6 so far, fuel costs as expected (town driving can be scary), one new set of 4 Pirelli P zeros (this transformed the car and also eliminated a slight judder, 2 Audi main dealer services for oil and filter. Air filter and air con service done, dealer recommended spark plugs and brake fluid on a time based service still to be done.
Every time I start it up it still has me smiling and it’s such a nice place to sit.
I think my only mishap was when I drove the car up on a ramp to take a look, the black plastic front splitter caught the metal ramps and dug in so this had to be replaced, extra care required in the future.
Still a few bits to do but due to my job it does not do much mileage, a gearbox oil change but nowhere local I can see will do it (Kent), so maybe a trip to MRC?

I do miss a manual from time to time, If I had space a B7 RS4 in the garage too!

As a side this made me laugh the other day:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailym ... prits.html

Happy RSing

Peter
Attachments
08BEA1D0-0F68-455D-A705-CFD06EF84851.jpeg

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 am

The GB service can be done by ZF they have service centres in Nottingham and London. When i enquired last year they quoted around £800 and it would be a whole day affair. However according to Audi it’s a sealed for life unit.

According to ZF it should be done around 60/65k.

I was considering it but when i approached Audi and informed them of what ZF said they told me that if the GB developed a fault they would repair it. As long as car had warranty.

ZF’s explanation of sealed for life is that Audi don’t expect to see the car back after 60/65k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

Peter202
Neutral

Post by Peter202 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Thanks for the info, East Kent Audi told me the same as other users have received in that if the job is not on their system then they are unable to carry out the work which was also the case when I asked for a coolant change although they would check and top up if required.

Mine is standard on around 34k miles at 7.5 years of age so not sure of the correct time to have the GB service although I’m thinking at the age it’s due even though the miles are lower.

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”