C6 rs6 headlight lens leaking/condensation

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Bdrv10
Neutral

C6 rs6 headlight lens leaking/condensation

Post by Bdrv10 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Can anyone help/advise who can change/fix or replace me headlight lenses only for an c6 rs6. Seem to keep getting water in so need sealing but also has condensation marks inside the lenses need a buff.
Any help will be much appriciated

ruedisrs6
Neutral

Re: C6 rs6 headlight lens leaking/condensation

Post by ruedisrs6 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 pm

I also had some problems with water in one of the headlights in mine. I replaced the back cover of the headlight, assured that it was properly closed (unfortunately the plastic frame of the headlights deform due to the excessive heat of the engine) and the water / condesation problem was solved. I also had condensation problems with the headlights of my wife's car (3.2 B7 convertible) and in this case the water came in from the adjustment screws. I put a plastic cap intended to be used in chair legs over the base of the plastic screw and solved the problem with this.

If both measures won't resolve the issue, there is a company specialized on the professional replacement and repair of headlights in particular the exchange of the glas (which in the case of the RS6 is not sealed but glued) in Germany called 7-lights: www.7-lights.de . They speak English. The replacement of the glas is 160 € each.

I hope this information helps.

Best

Ruedi

Phuketpaul
1st Gear

Post by Phuketpaul » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Try contacting Trups who is on this forum occasionally, he just upgraded my headlights ( higher spec quad projectors, sequential indicators) also with new lenses and protection film over the lenses and did an excellent job. I know the lenses do not separate easily from the frame on the C6 lights.
If you need his contact details message me.
2010 RS6 plus Avant, MRC Stage 2 747bhp 1059Nm
2008 Aston Martin DBS Volante
2001 Discovery 2

Bdrv10
Neutral

Post by Bdrv10 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:44 am

Hey thanks for the advice guys manage to fond someone who can put the headlights in the oven take off the lens and install some newones cheaper option lenses from germany costing around £150ish will let you know how they come out

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”