Audi RS6 C6

5.0 V10 50v biturbo - 571 bhp
Post Reply
Addu84
Neutral
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Audi RS6 C6

Post by Addu84 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I am looking to acquire a RS6 C6 as it seems to tick all boxes (family car, practical, fun to drive...). I am very new to the Audi RS6 world and have been reading posts on here. It would be very helpful to get your input in this regard, especially:

- Which MY to go for between 2008 - 2010
- Key options to look out for
- Full Audi Service history vs. Independent
- Mileage
- Key mechanical work that needs to have been undertaken
- Any specialist Audi dealers people have had good experience with


Many thanks for all your help.

Adnan

Jim Haseltine
3rd Gear
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Jim Haseltine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Model year hardly matters, other than the MMI on late cars there's little difference other than facelift trim (like the rear lights, which you can retro fit easily). IMO the most essential thing is the parking assist, the camera is pretty much essential - especially on the Avant. Soft close doors are pretty much a waste as passengers don't know of them and will slam the things. Service history - Audi unless it's one of the good indy's like Unit20.
Mileage not important 'cos they should go on for a long time. Things that ideally should have been done are the coolant pipes and the oil seal - these are age related, not mileage so at an average of 10 years old they'll either have been done or be in dire need. Other things are difficult to predict, with items on some cars letting go early whilst others last.

Toady1
3rd Gear
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Toady1 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:08 am

Yes, go on service history and condition, the mileage is quite irrelevant on these cars. Many in Germany are pushing 700+bhp with 300tkm on them. what's been replaced by the owners out of choice not because they had to, as in preventative servicing and choice upgrades/renewal of parts, this shows to me that it's been owned by someone that looks after their cars.

Engine vac hoses if not already replaced will be brittle and break easily. N75 valves and N249 at ten years old get a bit sticky and slow. Check gearbox has also been serviced. If you can get one that's already had the stg2 MRC treatment then that saves you a few grand!!! It's also most likely something you WILL want to do eventually if you do buy a standard one.

I'd also be looking to buy privately from an enthusiast like someone on here or Pistonheads too, as you can sus the history out more and see what sort of owner they are. Buying from a dealer/garage you can't do that, and usually they've no idea on the actual car.

Addu84
Neutral
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Addu84 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks both.

That is very helpful. Given its an expensive car to repair, I would assume one would want it covered by a warranty. Have you guys come across any companies you would recommend?

Toady1
3rd Gear
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Toady1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 pm

No warranty on mine. But I can do most things myself. You'll struggle to get such a warranty to cover a ten year old car despite its mileage, that will actually pay for anything! Just have some cash reserve for 'if' something went wrong.

User avatar
Sonic2505
Neutral
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Sonic2505 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Addu84 wrote:Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I am looking to acquire a RS6 C6 as it seems to tick all boxes (family car, practical, fun to drive...). I am very new to the Audi RS6 world and have been reading posts on here. It would be very helpful to get your input in this regard, especially:

- Which MY to go for between 2008 - 2010
- Key options to look out for
- Full Audi Service history vs. Independent
- Mileage
- Key mechanical work that needs to have been undertaken
- Any specialist Audi dealers people have had good experience with


Many thanks for all your help.

Adnan
Mine is coming up for grabs...2010 RS6 Plus Exclusive 54000 Miles. FSH...Daytona Grey, unmolested, not abused and mint...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Sonic2505
Neutral
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Sonic2505 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:00 pm


User avatar
Jambon
1st Gear
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:48 am
Location: surrey

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Jambon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:58 am

That's mine, it's going as a trade in a week.
:redrs4: :FIREdevil: No mods. :bigblink:

c3nturi0n
3rd Gear
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by c3nturi0n » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Toady1 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:08 am
Yes, go on service history and condition, the mileage is quite irrelevant on these cars. Many in Germany are pushing 700+bhp with 300tkm on them. what's been replaced by the owners out of choice not because they had to, as in preventative servicing and choice upgrades/renewal of parts, this shows to me that it's been owned by someone that looks after their cars.

Engine vac hoses if not already replaced will be brittle and break easily. N75 valves and N249 at ten years old get a bit sticky and slow. Check gearbox has also been serviced. If you can get one that's already had the stg2 MRC treatment then that saves you a few grand!!! It's also most likely something you WILL want to do eventually if you do buy a standard one.

I'd also be looking to buy privately from an enthusiast like someone on here or Pistonheads too, as you can sus the history out more and see what sort of owner they are. Buying from a dealer/garage you can't do that, and usually they've no idea on the actual car.
Toady, do you happen to have part #'s associated with N75 and N246 valves?

and for my reference, what function do they perform? or better to say, if they are on their way out, what issues one would see on the car? :boohoo:
2008 RS6 Avant (Monza Silver)
- Stage II MRC tune with gearbox (720PS/850Nm)
- MIJ Powerflow exhaust (non-res)
- H&R ARBs

Toady1
3rd Gear
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Toady1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:48 pm

c3nturi0n wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Toady, do you happen to have part #'s associated with N75 and N246 valves?

and for my reference, what function do they perform? or better to say, if they are on their way out, what issues one would see on the car? :boohoo:
N75 - 07L 906 283 C
N249 - 07L 906 270

I can't say I noticed any difference with changing the N75's, and they were the harder ones to replace in situ, but is possible with removing the lower boost pipes.

The N249 I noticed a big difference in low down boost. Neither of mine threw any codes, but I think they became lazy over the years.

c3nturi0n
3rd Gear
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by c3nturi0n » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Toady1 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:48 pm
c3nturi0n wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Toady, do you happen to have part #'s associated with N75 and N246 valves?

and for my reference, what function do they perform? or better to say, if they are on their way out, what issues one would see on the car? :boohoo:
N75 - 07L 906 283 C
N249 - 07L 906 270

I can't say I noticed any difference with changing the N75's, and they were the harder ones to replace in situ, but is possible with removing the lower boost pipes.

The N249 I noticed a big difference in low down boost. Neither of mine threw any codes, but I think they became lazy over the years.
cheers Toady.

I may as well give it a go and replace N249. Mind me asking, how easy / difficult is it to get to?

and can it be diy'd (w/o programming etc)?


Many thanks (as always).
2008 RS6 Avant (Monza Silver)
- Stage II MRC tune with gearbox (720PS/850Nm)
- MIJ Powerflow exhaust (non-res)
- H&R ARBs

Toady1
3rd Gear
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by Toady1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 pm

N249 is an absolute doddle! Three pipes to pull off and the electrical connector, no programming required. Its only under the V10 cover.

N75's are not so easy. I've quite a few pics of when I replaced mine I can send you via watsapp if you PM me your number.

c3nturi0n
3rd Gear
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

Re: Audi RS6 C6

Post by c3nturi0n » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 pm

Cheers Toady.

I'll order one through local TPS tomorrow and will give it a go over the w/end. Hopefully I'll get 'more' of my Stage II from Mon :).

Will keep you posted on developments.
2008 RS6 Avant (Monza Silver)
- Stage II MRC tune with gearbox (720PS/850Nm)
- MIJ Powerflow exhaust (non-res)
- H&R ARBs

Post Reply

Return to “RS6 / RS6 Plus (C6 Typ 4F) 2008-2010”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pinkfoot and 3 guests