S8 arrives tmrw

5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 444 bhp
slickster
Neutral

S8 arrives tmrw

Post by slickster » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi all, just a quick hello - my new [57] S8 arrives tmrw :boots: so I thought i'd swat up on some things in advance.

Think the Milltek is a no brainer - i had one on my RS4 and the S8's on youtube sound awesome.

At a slightly lower testosterone level, I'm also thinking of an LPG conversion :oops: I have an Overfinch RR V8 on LPG and it runs great add to that 28mpg equiv around town and it has its appeal???

RS6Steve
5th Gear

RE: S8 arrives tmrw

Post by RS6Steve » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Nice car, I'm guessing you have most of the options?
Steve
---------------------------------------
RS6 gone, R32 gone, M3 gone, Porsche Cayenne Turbo gone, Boring A6 saloon gone, Boring A6 Avant going in 5 weeks :D . Maybe RS5 or S5 Hatchback to come...

slickster
Neutral

RE: S8 arrives tmrw

Post by slickster » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:31 am

only things that really seem to be missing are reverse camera and ceramics - i think i can live without them! I've been driving a '73 RSR rep i built earlier this year so to be honest i'm just looking forward to not spending 30 minutes defrosting the INSIDE of the windscreen and spending the first 5 miles of every journey freezing my bits off. Comfort and grunt, cant wait!

CroftyRS
Neutral

Re: S8 arrives tmrw

Post by CroftyRS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm

love these. such a comfy car with a great sound track. look forward to seeing some pics.

slickster
Neutral

Post by slickster » Tue May 17, 2011 9:54 am

blonde question...i have a solar sunroof but there doesnt seem anyway to open the sunblind indepedently of the roof itself. I've asked at 2 Audi dealers and they dont know if it should open or not!?! Theres no 'handle' to pull it back and no obvious button to retract it.

The blind does move and tilt with the sunroof...any ideas??

I've added Milltek exhaust [sounds brilliant but i copped out and went for the resonanted version] and 20" Racing Dynamics Equinox wheels to try and fill the arches. Think i need to up the tyre width. The std 265's look a bit like bike tyres and are a little stretched on the RD rims. In fact i had to add 15mm spacers to get it looking something like and I'm tempted to stick these on fleebay and get a set of 21's to do the job properly?

Anyone know anything about lowering these? I think its an electronic box of tricks...
Attachments
S8 RD wheels.jpg
pre spacers

AdrianE
2nd Gear

Post by AdrianE » Tue May 24, 2011 7:15 pm

blind won't move except with the panel with a solar roof fitted - there's nothing to see and it isn't translucent on the underside

Not a big fan of the wheels - maybe some C6 RS6 or MTMs would suit it better? Nudenut's RS6 looks awesome on MTMs
2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black leather, 9x20 7 spokes, tech pack high, phone prep high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, cruise, DAB, parking system plus, storage pack, through load

===SOLD=== 2002 S8 4.2 Final Edition in Avus Silver with mauve (purple!) leather, 8.5x20 9 spokes, bi-xenons, 10 way electric Recaros, added RNS-E, hybrid TV and bluetooth goodness - and a Milltek ===SOLD===

Return to “S8 (D3 Typ 4E) 2002-2009”