Oil leaking... from somewhere

5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 429bhp
_danny_
Neutral

Oil leaking... from somewhere

Post by _danny_ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:54 pm

So.. I've not long done a full service on my C6 S6 (well.. a good friend done most of the work, haha), and the list goes..

Oil filter + change
Fuel Filter
Cabin Filter
10 x NGK coils + NGK plugs
Tarox discs (front and rear)
Brembo pads (front and rear)
HEL braided hoses (front and rear)

As you can imagine, it wasn't cheap but I was happy that it was all done and the car is performing great, until.. I noticed a small amount of oil in my parking space this morning that looks like its coming from the rear of the engine (hard to tell without getting it on the ramps) so I was wondering if these BXA V10's are prone to the same "dreaded" oil seal leaks as the C6 RS6? If anyone has any knowledge of this, Unit 20 / MRC guys or anybody else that has experience in this issue, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments
1.JPG
Current: C6 S6
Previous: C5 RS6

_danny_
Neutral

Re: Oil leaking... from somewhere

Post by _danny_ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:31 pm

rc944 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:09 pm
Is it left or right rear?
Rear right from the look of it.. but could just be rolling off the undertray from there.
Current: C6 S6
Previous: C5 RS6

travs
2nd Gear

Post by travs » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:34 pm

I kinda hope not, but fingers crossed for you. I can't see anything about it on here or on a general internet search though. You're right to think of the undertray; I was up the wrong spout with a waterleak for that reason.
Written-off: Night Blue Metallic S6 5.2 V10 - Private plate, LED interior kit.
Sold:
Hibiscus Red Metallic S4 (B5 99.5) w/AmD Stage 1 Remap, RS4 Exhaust w/ Gutted Precats & R32 Tailpipes, Afterun Sensor, H&R Coilovers

barryrs
3rd Gear

Post by barryrs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:47 pm

If i had to guess my money would be on the oil separator return leading from the cyclonic oil separator behind the engine.

Bad news is thats a manifold off job due to access. See page 14 http://www.vaglinks.com/vaglinks_com/do ... Engine.pdf

Return to “S6 (C6 Typ 4F) 2006-2011”