Post by Shinobi675 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:02 pm

Buy it private?
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

travs
2nd Gear

Re: mrc inspection on my c6 s6 grim reading or am I being a

Post by travs » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Interesting.
I'm just in the process of buying one too - as in, bought and collecting next weekend. The tailgate switch was funny too so that's being replaced. Maybe that's a more common thing.

The problem with these cars is that they are so rare there is (a) very few owners on the forums and (b) very little common-problem data.

From what I've read there is very little wrong but let's face it that's not overly realistic - there's always a few things. The people that I'm buying from have phoned me and said there are things like a CV boot that is getting looked at, ABS wiring replaced on a rear wheel, rear tailgate catch and a couple of other bits and bobs.

The inlet manifold change - was that an option for coke build-up? Or was cleaning the only chosen solution? If its down on power now and has already had an inlet manifold change, I'm guessing its done short journeys and run rich for a fair amount of time?
Written-off: Night Blue Metallic S6 5.2 V10 - Private plate, LED interior kit.
Sold:
Hibiscus Red Metallic S4 (B5 99.5) w/AmD Stage 1 Remap, RS4 Exhaust w/ Gutted Precats & R32 Tailpipes, Afterun Sensor, H&R Coilovers

Return to “S6 (C6 Typ 4F) 2006-2011”