Potential Purchase

5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 429bhp
Av4nt
Neutral

Potential Purchase

Post by Av4nt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:57 pm

I, have been looking at the V10 S6. Theres not much about on them, or many about lol i never see any!

Seen one on Ph for £12k on 89k.

Any issues to look out for? I have an S4 4.2 currently and theres always issues talked about like chains etc.... but S6 never seems to get mentioned in way of faults.
Aside from fuel, servicing, oil tyres and brakes costs, anything else horrendous on the wallet?

Any views etc from those that own them would be appreciated. Going to have a butchers at it monday

Thanks,

Lewis

S4WON
Top Gear

Re: Potential Purchase

Post by S4WON » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:29 am

Not many S6 owners here afaik, but if its the little brother of the C6 RS6, its likely to be a great motor

barryrs
3rd Gear

Post by barryrs » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:46 pm

They tend to be pretty bullet proof and after 4 years of ownership mine hasn't cost me anything more than general maintenance although she gets through front discs pretty quick; but they can be sourced for £150 - £200 a pair.

There are lots of scare story's regarding carbon build up in the FSI however the 2 times that my car has suffered misfires has been traced to a failing battery and faulty oil separator.

They also qualify for fixed price servicing if you want to maintain a full Audi history at £255 for minor and £585 for major.

When viewing cars pay attention to the options as most dealers inc main agents dont have a clue what was standard and for me advance key is really nice to have. If the car has digital TV you should be able to install bluetooth streaming via the built in external inputs as per my thread here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=110852&p=685192#p685192

PaulP
Neutral

Post by PaulP » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Go for it!

We sold our B7 RS4 earlier in the year and had an A6 3.0TDI for a while but it was just too tame.

Went for one of the oldest cars we have owned in years, an 06 reg S6.V10
Full Milltek exhaust. It might not have the handling by any means of the RS4 but when we open her up, the ground shakes and everyone looks round. It really screams.
They are fully loaded. The digital TV is cool and has a great picture!

Fuel is about 25 on a very steady run, and less than 20 in towns. If you cane it it will clearly empty a tank at a scary rate. :D

Breaks are sound, with no judder, and to date we haven't spent a penny on it other than tarting up items.

New wheels after winter salt has ended.

They are so cheap, we feel they will bottom out and start rising. There wont be V10's around for ever.

With a non res miltek, we have to be careful on starting to start and go, it is very loud whilst the cat blowers are idling it up.

Paul with a grin!

Return to “S6 (C6 Typ 4F) 2006-2011”