supercharger anyone?

5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 429bhp
tmg
3rd Gear

supercharger anyone?

Post by tmg » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 pm

hey

so has anyone supercharged their s6 this side of the pond? I've seen some stuff on the old interwebs of various s6/8 solutions, but was wondering if anyone has one in the UK anywhere?

t.

bam_bam
Cruising

Re: supercharger anyone?

Post by bam_bam » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Supercharging a V10 sounds expensive but interesting.

Link up some of the stuff you found.
No matter where you go, there you are.

tmg
3rd Gear

Post by tmg » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:43 pm

urg

seems that its mostly motodyne or motodyne trying to hide behind others flogging their kit. damn

v8a6
Neutral

Post by v8a6 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:35 am

If you are seriously interested in a supercharger for the v10 S6, please PM me. There is nothing available at the moment that you would ever want to put on your car.

I am doing a bunch of performance mods to my S6, and am considering a supercharger. I have a reputable company in mind to approach about making a kit.

The price for the base kit would likely be about $10k USD, and then there would be installation, supporting modifications, and miscellaneous stuff that pops up along the way.

I have created the C6 S6 v10 Info Dump to investigate everything about these cars and keep track of all the issues. In North America, there seems to be a lot of mystery surrounding the v10, and a lot of misinformation on the web. Following is a link to the S6 v10 Info Dump. If you have an S6, please be sure to check it out and provide any feedback.

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=2614.0

My personal car currently has the engine removed and we are exploring the aftermarket potential of the vehicle, as well as fixing any potential issues before they break. I will have a build thread up on AudiRevolution pretty soon, and should have some pretty cool new parts to display in the not so distant future.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything that we are doing.

Cheers!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:16 am

v8a6 wrote:If you are seriously interested in a supercharger for the v10 S6, please PM me. There is nothing available at the moment that you would ever want to put on your car.

I am doing a bunch of performance mods to my S6, and am considering a supercharger. I have a reputable company in mind to approach about making a kit.

The price for the base kit would likely be about $10k USD, and then there would be installation, supporting modifications, and miscellaneous stuff that pops up along the way.

I have created the C6 S6 v10 Info Dump to investigate everything about these cars and keep track of all the issues. In North America, there seems to be a lot of mystery surrounding the v10, and a lot of misinformation on the web. Following is a link to the S6 v10 Info Dump. If you have an S6, please be sure to check it out and provide any feedback.

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=2614.0

My personal car currently has the engine removed and we are exploring the aftermarket potential of the vehicle, as well as fixing any potential issues before they break. I will have a build thread up on AudiRevolution pretty soon, and should have some pretty cool new parts to display in the not so distant future.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything that we are doing.

Cheers!
Top work!
No matter where you go, there you are.

SuprSi
5th Gear

Post by SuprSi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:57 am

Hmmmm, V10 with supercharged responsiveness, i bet that will be awesome to drive if this gets done!
2003 C5 RS6 Avant Daytona Grey

v8a6
Neutral

Post by v8a6 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks Bam Bam! It is an ongoing thread, so check back for updates from time to time.

I agree SuprSi, it will definitely be awesome IF it ever happens. The relatively low production numbers of the car present a roadblock for vendor involvement, but I hope that there is a certain vendor that will be willing to help. Without naming them at this point, I would say they are highly respected in the Audi aftermarket industry, and have experience in supercharing the larger Audi NA engines.

We never got the C6 RS6 in the USA/Canada, so over here the aftermarket is the only way we will ever see a forced induction Audi v10.

Aside from the responsiveness of a supercharged v10, the other cool thing about one is that, compared to a turbo'd car, the supercharged engine retains the incredible, unmuted, exhaust tone of the NA v10.

Anyway, right now it is just a dream, but with a bit of persistence and a lot of money LOL, I hope we can make it happen.

Ill post a link to my build thread in the next week or so. There are some really cool v10 products that we are working on that will hopefully take the v10 S6 to performance levels never seen before.

Return to “S6 (C6 Typ 4F) 2006-2011”