S3 map update

2.0 I4 16v turbo - 261bhp
Post Reply
User avatar
watts6087
3rd Gear
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm

S3 map update

Post by watts6087 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:49 am

Right what a night mare i had yesterday. I have been waiting for r tech to map my
S3 for 6 weeks. I get there and its stright on the dyno, in 2wd it came out at 340bhp.
Witch i though was a lot of bhp. So it already has been mapped and the ecu is locked :(.
And r tech cant asscess to ecu. They tried opening the ecu up and doing it that way. But still no luck. R tech was
99% sure it was an apr map.
So off i go to awsome gti in manchester.(apr). They dynoed the car in 4wd and it was 312bhp.
Plugged there lap top in and the ecu was locked and it was not an apr map either.
But there tool could flash the ecu and gain access.
So i had no other choice really but to get an apr map.
Its now running 370hp stage 2+ with switchable maps and anti theft mode.

The car is flying i am over the moon with how the car drives. But i need to get a clutch asap.
As its hanging out its ass lol. Slipping is not the word :(
Image

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14955
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: S3 map update

Post by MikeFish » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:10 am

What hardware did you need for stage 2+?
My wife's will be locked too. When I spoke to r-tech and I mentioned about it having the newer ECU he said he will need it a whole day and his words didn't fill me with confidence.

User avatar
watts6087
3rd Gear
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: S3 map update

Post by watts6087 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:17 am

MikeFish wrote:What hardware did you need for stage 2+?
My wife's will be locked too. When I spoke to r-tech and I mentioned about it having the newer ECU he said he will need it a whole day and his words didn't fill me with confidence.
I know what u mean mate. If its locked i dont think there is any way r tech can get around it.
Think they only like cars that have not been tuned in the past.

I got a full custom exhaust down pipe and de cat.
Intake
hpfp (auto tech internsls)
Image

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14955
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: S3 map update

Post by MikeFish » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 am

I thought it was the later ECU which had anti tamper software so only certain tuners have the ability to override this and remap it.
The bluefin map doesn't work on these ECUs (well it didn't a couple of years ago when I tried to buy it). I read online that r-tech don't map these cars either but thought maybe it was an old thread and they had moved on but it doesn't look like they have. I assume the problem with yours was that it had the anti tamper software rather than it had been mapped before?
When my wife spoke to Doug he said he could remap the later cars. Other options were the APR maps.

User avatar
watts6087
3rd Gear
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: S3 map update

Post by watts6087 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:19 pm

MikeFish wrote:I thought it was the later ECU which had anti tamper software so only certain tuners have the ability to override this and remap it.
The bluefin map doesn't work on these ECUs (well it didn't a couple of years ago when I tried to buy it). I read online that r-tech don't map these cars either but thought maybe it was an old thread and they had moved on but it doesn't look like they have. I assume the problem with yours was that it had the anti tamper software rather than it had been mapped before?
When my wife spoke to Doug he said he could remap the later cars. Other options were the APR maps.
No the problem with mine was. Who ever mapped it locked the ecu so no other tuners can access it.
I cant knock this apr map its a beast :)

I fitted this today as well :)
image.jpg
Image

Ryantarpey
1st Gear
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 pm
Location: West berkshire

Re: S3 map update

Post by Ryantarpey » Thu May 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi mate

Looks like you had a bit of a nightwear for you to start with but looks all good now nice bit of power in the car now.
2009 S3 Ibis White
Black styling pack, RS3 Grill,privacy glass, Bose sound system, heated seats, sat nav system.

User avatar
Rick_RS4
Cruising
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: S3 map update

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am

What have you done from stage 1 to 2 to get an extra 60 hp

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14955
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: S3 map update

Post by MikeFish » Fri May 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Rick, I think he already had the stage 2+ hardware installed but with a previously installed unknown map when he went to awesome gti. They then carried out the stage 2+ map to get all the gains from the hardware he already had.

User avatar
Rick_RS4
Cruising
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: S3 map update

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:00 pm

ah right i see,a mate has a S3 and wants to mod it a bit,

User avatar
MikeFish
Cruising
Posts: 14955
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: The Middle of Somewhere

Re: S3 map update

Post by MikeFish » Fri May 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Basically, the options are:
Stage 1; remap only, or exhaust and filter with no remap
Stage 2; remap, exhaust & filter
Stage 2+; remap, exhaust, filter & high pressure fuel pump
Stage 3; bigger turbos etc.

User avatar
Rick_RS4
Cruising
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: S3 map update

Post by Rick_RS4 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:45 pm

MikeFish wrote:Basically, the options are:
Stage 1; remap only, or exhaust and filter with no remap
Stage 2; remap, exhaust & filter
Stage 2+; remap, exhaust, filter & high pressure fuel pump
Stage 3; bigger turbos etc.
ah great i will let him know thanks Mike :thumbs:

Post Reply

Return to “S3 (Typ 8P) 2006-2012”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest