S3 DSG sport mode? Doug you there?

2.0 I4 16v turbo - 261bhp
MikeFish
Cruising

S3 DSG sport mode? Doug you there?

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:41 am

Excuse me for posting this in the general section but I have not had any replies to any of my posts in the S3 (8P) section. It's like a ghost town in there and I end up just talking to myself. Also, some of you ex-Golf owners might know answers to my questions.

The S3 DSG (8P) has a sport mode on the gearbox shifter.
Now I thought this would only affect the gear changes eg. shift up later, but the car feels more responsive when in sport mode.
So my question is, what changes when you move it into Sport mode?

I also take it there must be a different engine map (clearly there is a different gearbox map) for Sport mode?
If so, do the manual cars have a more repsonsive mode; maybe a Sport mode button?

Doug
My missus has booked her car in with you for an exhaust and remap on the 30th, but I dont think she mentioned her car has the DSG box. Does this make any difference to your mapping i.e. is there different parameters for the sport mode? Or is that part of the DSG remap?
Do you remap boxes too? What difference does it make? I read somewhere that you can remap a DSG so it stops auto up-shifting at the red line. Can you add launch control?

Edit; I meant to post in the general section but forgot and put this in the S3 section; oh well, I'll wait and see if I get any repsonse and if not I'll repost in the General section.

APM
3rd Gear

Re: S3 DSG sport mode? Doug you there?

Post by APM » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm

if you have a s38p with dsg box this already has the launch control on it

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: S3 DSG sport mode? Doug you there?

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Yeah, I looked it up just aeri started this thread. Thanks anyway.

Anybody able to answer whether it has a variable map switched by the DSG sport mode?

Return to “S3 (Typ 8P) 2006-2012”