Model B2A — Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller Kit RS4 B7

Please read the "RS246 Group Buy Policy" in this forum before use.
FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: Model B2A — Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller Kit RS4 B7

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:30 pm

So - I emailed Forza, and got the following response. Let me know if you're keen!

Sam - do you know if your valves are vacuum actuated?

Hello Faisal,

Thank you for your inquiry. I would be happy to extend a 15% discount if you are able to obtain 3 orders. If you can get 5, then 20% discount. And, no problem at all delivering them to your hotel. I have done this several times for customers. It avoids the higher shipping charges and customs/VAT that you may have to pay.

Yes. The Model B3A is the correct controller for the R8.

I cannot be certain about the RS4 B8. I believe the controller should work fine, but one needs to check that the B8 uses vacuum actuated flapper valves. The RS4-B8 came out in 2012 so I expect it does. But at some point, Audi switched over to electrically actuated flapper valves. Anyone considering the exhaust controller needs to determine if the flapper valves are vacuum actuated or electrically actuated. If they are electrically actuated, I can only provide a controller that functions if the valves are on their own dedicated fuse circuit. This would be similar to the Aston Martin motorcars.

The B3A has an aluminum enclosure and will withstand the high temperatures present in the engine bay present in the R8. The RS4 can use the new Model E3 as it is installed in the boot and is not exposed to the high temps in the engine bay. Also, with any Audi, you may need the “Lambo Plugs” to adapt to the electrical connectors that Audi might be using. I have seen some Audi’s with the JPT connector used on the connection cables provided with the controller and some Audi’s use a different style connector.

I say, “may”, because I am not certain. Some Audi’s do not and some do. Did your RS4 need them? My recommendation with any Audi is that if you are unsure, get the adapters ($25 less the discount) and should they not be required, you can return them for a refund.

Best regards,

Steve Bisel
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:22 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Sam - do you know if your valves are vacuum actuated?

Sure are, I've sent some more info back your way :thumbs:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

ember86
Neutral

Post by ember86 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi! New guy here, sorry if my question is silly. I'm looking for a new exhaust set for my C7 S6 (2014). Surely it would be awesome to control when I want it to sound beasty. SO if this item is applicable for that car, I would be interested in group order. If this device would not fit a resonator delete set (or it just simply doesn't make sense), forgive my question :)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 am

ember86 wrote:Hi! New guy here, sorry if my question is silly. I'm looking for a new exhaust set for my C7 S6 (2014). Surely it would be awesome to control when I want it to sound beasty. SO if this item is applicable for that car, I would be interested in group order. If this device would not fit a resonator delete set (or it just simply doesn't make sense), forgive my question :)
Sorry missed this earlier.

I don’t believe this controller will work with a C7. It works for vacuum controlled valves, but I think the C7 uses electronic valves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:12 am

I’m going to place the order this week, so if anybody else wants in - please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

fmb123
Neutral

Post by fmb123 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:07 pm

sorry to drag up a two year old thread, but those that installed the Forza controller - are they still working reliably?

thinking of possibly ordering the B4A module.

thanks!
@greenv8garage
B7 Audi RS4 Avant Deep Green

Brooner
Cruising

Post by Brooner » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:03 pm

i would say for the OP the original system works well in that respect quite on start up and non sport mode then open when hooning around in sports mode
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

Return to “Group Buys”