Model B2A — Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller Kit RS4 B7

Please read the "RS246 Group Buy Policy" in this forum before use.
bam_bam
Cruising

Re: Model B2A — Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller Kit RS4 B7

Post by bam_bam » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:36 pm

I was indeed met at the airport where I was relieved of the Merchandise (it looked like a good bit of kit) and was then bundled into lovely a B7 for a complementary lift direct to my front door. One hundred times better than a Prius Uber ride home, many thanks again, Ilya.
Can't beat a bit of forum love.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Worldrider
Neutral

Post by Worldrider » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Very cool ending to a terrific transatlantic tale!

Faisal's video was the one that inspired me to contact JC Weldfab, but unfortunately they cannot ship to North America due to costs.
So, I got the next best thing and just installed a Capristo exhaust. It sounds like Satan's own trumpet chorus in a tunnel!

This exhaust bypass system will allow full blast blasts across the rev range. Steve the owner has very generously extended me the same discount offer. Thanks to pule333 for starting this!
Current: 07 RS4 Daytona Grey, 987 Boxster S GT Silver, MkV GTI, Honda VFR

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:55 pm

I am glad everyone is happy :) ps. Installed mine today and guess what? It works exactly how it should! Very happy! Image
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Worldrider wrote: So, I got the next best thing and just installed a Capristo exhaust. It sounds like Satan's own trumpet chorus in a tunnel!
We need video!!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:06 pm

pule333 wrote:I am glad everyone is happy :) ps. Installed mine today and guess what? It works exactly how it should! Very happy! Image
Good to hear Image

Simple plug and play install?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:23 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
pule333 wrote:I am glad everyone is happy :) ps. Installed mine today and guess what? It works exactly how it should! Very happy! Image
Good to hear Image

Simple plug and play install?
Yep! Very very simple. Although has 20pages of instructions ;) all included in the box for you. Postage paid and ready to go. Just need to drop of at the "lost office"

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

raising_arizona
Neutral

Post by raising_arizona » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:21 am

Hello, I am the developer and seller of the Forza Exhaust controller. I want to thank you for your business. That plug aside, if anyone has a technical question, please post it to me and I will do my best to answer as rapidly as possible.

Best regards,

Steve

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:56 am

FON.

Rule 1 on that 'rarri.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Worldrider
Neutral

Post by Worldrider » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:01 pm

This really warrants using a dash-mounted switch, to bring the funk with every startup, tunnel, under-bridge run...
Current: 07 RS4 Daytona Grey, 987 Boxster S GT Silver, MkV GTI, Honda VFR

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Worldrider wrote:
This really warrants using a dash-mounted switch, to bring the funk with every startup, tunnel, under-bridge run...
yeah but where do you get one from???? Been trying to source one for months.....

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

mikep99
4th Gear

Post by mikep99 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:17 pm

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Last time I looked there there were out of stock and shipping from end of march. Asked a friend in states to buy one for me. But apart from this guys none left in the world apparently

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

docurley
5th Gear

Post by docurley » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:05 am

Worldrider wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:01 pm
LOL that's my old B5, very interested in this but I have to wait due to other bit's needed for the car.
Avus Audi RS4 2076|Black optic |Carbon Airbag surround|LED'S inside|RNS-E style Android Stereo with DAB+ dongle|

FaisalJ
Cruising

Model B2A — Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller Kit RS4 B7

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 am

I’m going to order another one of these (for the R8) as I’ll be in NY on business mid-august.

Before I contact Steve - anyone else interested? Will ask about group discount.

With this controller, you have 3 exhaust valve settings:

1. Per OEM (so dependant on revs and mode)
2. Fully open (regardless of mode and revs)
3 Fully closed (regardless of mode and revs)

Remember that per OEM valve function- in sport mode, your valves are actually still closed below certain revs in gears 1-3, and only open through the rev range in gears 4-6.

The kit is a piece of cake to install, and comes with a little remote to select the valve function you’d like. It always reverts to OEM when you start the car. There is an option to hardwire a switch if you don’t want to use the remote.

I actually find the valves closed function the most useful! If you’ve heard a JCWF exhaust you’ll know why haha! It means I can drive around in sport mode with the valves closed - handy when people are in the car, cruising on the motorway or I don’t fancy an ASBO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:14 am

Yes, certainly intrested. Just need to try find out if it'd work on the B8.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Return to “Group Buys”