Radio Code help

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) / VCDS (VAG-COM) forum
derdle
Cruising

Radio Code help

Post by derdle » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:40 am

Hi all,

My head unit has been giving crap radio reception recently and VAGCOm shows the follwoing fault code.

Can anyone explain and point me in the right direction to start searching for this elusive short?

00850 - Control Output Active; Radio Amplifier

29-00 - Short to Ground

Many thanks,
Paul
RS4 in the only colour to have - Misano Red | MRC Remap | RS6+ brakes | H&R and Custom Performance Parts suspension |
Huge Grin :biggrin3: If you dont "do it now" you never will.

PetrolDave
Cruising

RE: Radio Code help

Post by PetrolDave » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:52 am

Sounds like the aerial amplifier in your car has gone faulty (the radio is reporting that it's trying to power the aerial amplifier but it is taking so much current it appears to be shorted). That would explain the crap radio reception.

Either the aerial lead from the radio to the amplifier has developed a short (not that likely) or the aerial amplifer has developed a fault (most likely). Often the aerial amplifiers crack and fail, this would be my number 1 suspect in your case.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

derdle
Cruising

RE: Radio Code help

Post by derdle » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:55 am

Thnaks for the prompt reply...

And I suppose the aerial amp is that inconspicuous lump of plastic in the boot by the CD stacker....and no doubt there is no change from £ 100?

Paul
RS4 in the only colour to have - Misano Red | MRC Remap | RS6+ brakes | H&R and Custom Performance Parts suspension |
Huge Grin :biggrin3: If you dont "do it now" you never will.

Return to “DTC / VCDS”