RS4 B8 Race Mode - possible?

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) / VCDS (VAG-COM) forum
was009
Neutral

RS4 B8 Race Mode - possible?

Post by was009 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 am

So looks like MMI and ADS contain options for enabling those extra modes in 2015 RS4 -> Race Mode and Efficiency mode.

Efficiency mode works in an interesting way:
- exhaust flaps open
- stiffer steering wheel
- slow throttle response
- high gears at any given point in time - you drive the car like a good, old manual, e.g. when you just want to floor it on 4th, it does not downshift, but drags it all the way from 2000 to 8000 rpms... Downside of that is often wants to go 60 on 7th...

How about the Race Mode?

Activating it does not really work, I mean - you can enable it and it becomes an option that cannot be selected from ADS. Sure - Dynamic mode is pretty damn rough already, but what if there were some extra options available? ;-) I was thinking - maybe there is something missing? I read somewhere that original race mode in C7 gets your seat belt tensioner more aggressive, but not sure is that a real thing and can it be somehow ported back to RS4. Can the RS4 be lowered with those magnetic dampers too? Change blinkers to Pace Mode? I'm just fishing here - any useless yet cool feature that makes an owner more proud of his toy makes sense, right?

Any experiences? Thoughts?

DeanoC
4th Gear

Re: RS4 B8 Race Mode - possible?

Post by DeanoC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 am

I noticed these. I didn't even bother enabling them because it was another thing to cycle through and the word "efficiency" should never appear on an RS.

it doesn't sound like it would work anyway. I did a fair bit of testing on the exhaust flaps and i lost 12lb torque below 3k rpm with them open.

With the gears i can't see how holding it in a non efficient part of the rev range would be good.

The DRC does impact ride hide but only through the preload and rebound on the shocks. That's why your ride height goes weird when a shock is out.

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: RS4 B8 Race Mode - possible?

Post by MikeFish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:14 am

I'd imagine if there was a race mode it would be like the Alfa Gulia Quadrafoglio Race mode in that it opens the exhaust valves, gives the most aggressive throttle response and turns off driver aids.

Return to “DTC / VCDS”