B7 RS4 - Issue attempting to code RNSE AUX

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) / VCDS (VAG-COM) forum
flylife2k
1st Gear

B7 RS4 - Issue attempting to code RNSE AUX

Post by flylife2k » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:29 pm

I've just coded in AUX functionality and connected the relevant plug\cable I purchased from ebay, coding update has been accepted for the Navigation module (37) but I still do not see the AUX functionality on the RNSE :shock:

I removed the analogue TV last year but didnt code it out so I thought it might be that as they both use the same input as way of the locking plug on the back but still no diff. Tried playing about with other valid codes but still nothing. Infact when I code out the CD changer as a test, that is still accepted as far as coding is concerned but the option is still visible to select 'CD' and I can select and play my CD's as normal. At a loss, anyone have any idea's what I might be missing?

a relatively straight forward task but i'm at a loss. I have not previously had any issues with coding, do you think this might be one for Ross Tech support or maybe my old RNSE is playing up? I appreciate this could be one of many things at fault like the cable i've purchase but I though if I code it in irrelevant of the presence of the cable input the option to select AUX would be visible once coded, correct?

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: B7 RS4 - Issue attempting to code RNSE AUX

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Are you using a genuine cable?
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

flylife2k
1st Gear

Post by flylife2k » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Yes it is a genuine cable, issue is the actual recoding is working fine, verified by disconnecting, reconnecting and re-reading the value which would indicate the issue is elsewhere

For info I updated VCDS to the latest version (v16 I think) which also required me to update the interface software on the cable, but as mentioned there were no issues actually updating the values just made no difference.

Pre-update code: 0309114
Updated to 0309154
Realised I removed and unplugged the analogue TV-Tuner last year which also used the same input, assuming conflict I uncoded TV-Tuner to...
but still nothing

out of options I tried the youtube example for what it was worth...
0301111 to 0301151 but still no joy, coded back to what I think it should be (0309153) and that's where I am :?

flylife2k
1st Gear

Post by flylife2k » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Now resolved
For anyone else with the same issue, AUX will not work with sw550, needs to be upgraded to 650 :thumbs:

donnyrs4
Neutral

Post by donnyrs4 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:25 am

Hello, I have rececntly fitted the aux input to my rs4 b7, can anyone point me in the right direction of what cable and software to use to code in aux on the head unit? Thanks

Return to “DTC / VCDS”