01331 - Door control module driver side

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) / VCDS (VAG-COM) forum
wardy124
1st Gear

01331 - Door control module driver side

Post by wardy124 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:29 pm

I had my alternator changed last week and have had an intermittent problem with the drivers window.
This morning when I got in the car I noticed the DIS did not show the door open like normal.
When I arrived at work and closed the windows, I could not open them again.
Ive run a diagnostic and its showing the error in the title.
Where is the door control module? Could something have been disconnected or disturbed when changing the alternator?

The problem I have now is there is no power to the drivers door, I can't even lock the car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Wardy
C6 S6 completely standard car just imported with full history from Switzerland - Needs an exhaust!!

B6 S4 Misano Red, KW V3's, RS4 ARB's, Miltek

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: 01331 - Door control module driver side

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:37 am

Does the door speaker work?
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

wardy124
1st Gear

Post by wardy124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Sam,

I found the issue, it was in no wy related to the alternator change last month....
I opened the rubber boot that covers the door to body part of the loom and found the 2.6mm brown wire had broken..
I guess this is the power for the door control module? Last night I spliced the wire back together and the problem is solved!

The 01331 error was a "no communication" error I guess?!

Thanks
Paul
C6 S6 completely standard car just imported with full history from Switzerland - Needs an exhaust!!

B6 S4 Misano Red, KW V3's, RS4 ARB's, Miltek

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Good work Paul, that was where my question was leading to but you've found it out anyway. :thumbs:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Return to “DTC / VCDS”