Fantastic detail Job!

Models: V10 plus, GT, GT Spyder, V8 Limited Edition, Exclusive Selection Edition, China Edition and LMX
4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp (2007-2011) - 424 bhp (2012-2014)
5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 518 bhp (2012-2014) - 542 bhp (Plus 2012-2014) - 562 bhp (LMX 2012-2014)
5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 533 bhp (2015-)
5.2 V10 40v Naturally Aspirated - 602 bhp (Plus 2015-)
DeanR9
2nd Gear

Re: Fantastic detail Job!

Post by DeanR9 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 am

M1R XE wrote:Had the same experience in the past guys. Except being put off and crap customer service from newcastle audi i just thought tyneside would be the same. So a 3 A6s later 1 Q7 and a RS6 from Lincoln i gave tyneside ago as they gave me their demo and great customer service and looked after me well nothing but nightmare story's from friends and family about newcastle though terrible service as most are aware in the past. Hope they have upped there game and changed by sounds of yourself you seem happy so thats a good thing but for me as good as the dealership looks no business from me im afraid tyneside for me or lincoln but ill try to stay local. And congrats on the R8 mate looks amazing great spec and colour hope to see or hear it blasting about toon hopefully be joining in after my 10 month wait. :beerchug: :biggrin3:
10 months, that's got to be a killer! Like I say I'll give Newcastle a chance with the SQ5, I wasn't happy with the R8 on collection day at Tyneside. They didn't turn the lights on in the little exchange room and when I turned them on at their reluctance, it showed up a load of swirl marks in the paint. Stood with the V10 in front of me and the keys in my hand, I couldn't be bothered at the time to have it taken away and sorted out (which they did offer to do). Turns out it would have been sent to DDB for a quick polish.
Now DDB have gotten the R8 to standard I'm over the moon with :kissmyrings: , I'm going to be arranging for them to do the same to the SQ5 before I collect it from Newcastle. I never knew previously that you were allowed to do this, wasted my money on that audi autoshine on the R8 :bash:.
I'll keep my eyes open for an RS6 and give a :bigwave:

M1R XE
4th Gear

Post by M1R XE » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Thats a good one dean never knew either it would be available to get a detail through audi. Jasperoony put me in the direction of the polishing company just had a quote and let me knew about the ceramic pro seems excellent stuff. I will have a word with them when next in as 100% not getting a audi scratch wash. Ill see what they say cheers for the heads up :biggrin3: :beerchug: .

DeanR9
2nd Gear

Post by DeanR9 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 am

M1R XE wrote:Thats a good one dean never knew either it would be available to get a detail through audi. Jasperoony put me in the direction of the polishing company just had a quote and let me knew about the ceramic pro seems excellent stuff. I will have a word with them when next in as 100% not getting a audi scratch wash. Ill see what they say cheers for the heads up :biggrin3: :beerchug: .
Yeah Dave at DDB told me they do it all the time with Tyneside Audi. He just collects the car with his trade plates a couple days prior to the customer collection date, works his magic, then pops it back round to the collection bay. I've spoken with him about doing the SQ5 from Newcastle and he knows somebody at the dealership so says it shouldn't be a problem, I just have to give him the salesman's contact details and I've already let the sales lad know I want this to happen.
The finish on the R8 put a little dampener on what should have been a perfect day and so I so wish I'd know you could do this earlier. Never mind, the SQ5 I know will look incredible when I go to collect it now. I hope all goes well with yours :beerchug:

M1R XE
4th Gear

Post by M1R XE » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Cheers for that mate and yeah the long wait begins i hope the time flys by.

Return to “R8 Coupé / Spyder (Typ 42) 2007-”