Cruise control fault RS4 B7

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Bobfin
Neutral

Cruise control fault RS4 B7

Post by Bobfin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm unable to activate cruise control on my RS4 B7 saloon, its never worked since i purchased the car, not quite sure what the problem is, think it may have something to do with the switch/control maybe not responding, anyone had a similar problem, if so could you give me some indication of the solution and cost if it is the switch mechanism, car due service in 3k so will get Audi to check it out then.

cheers.

stu
5th Gear

Re: Cruise control fault RS4 B7

Post by stu » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 am

type 'cruise control' in the Search This Forum box right next to the New Topic button and you can teach yourself. Very recent threads on this.

I hope you don't consider this a sh!ty reply. I've been there. I'm still there. I still know less than just about anyone else on this site, but I now know search function is awesome. Credit where credit's due to PhilT :beerchug:

b1tch1n
Neutral

Post by b1tch1n » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 am

Exactly the same problem here on Saloon, I've read some posts talking about the clutch switch. I haven't had the chance to tinker yet. Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 am

cruise control not working
revs not dropping when declutched
latching start function not working (have to hold key or push button until it turns over)

clutch swith
cheap and easy fix
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...Albert Einstein

Pyrotechnic
1st Gear

Post by Pyrotechnic » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 am

ArthurPE wrote:latching start function not working (have to hold key or push button until it turns over)
Wait, so you're meant to just quickly press the button and it starts? Not press and hold until it fires, like you would if you were turning a key...?

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 am

I had this exact problem which I fixed by replacing the top clutch switch (there are two) - really easy. New part number is 7H0 927 189.
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Just make sure you are activating it properly as I found it awkward to get the stalk into the correct position after having a different method of use on my Golf.

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Pyrotechnic wrote:
ArthurPE wrote:latching start function not working (have to hold key or push button until it turns over)
Wait, so you're meant to just quickly press the button and it starts? Not press and hold until it fires, like you would if you were turning a key...?
Yes, I tried this because my new bike did it & was surprised the car did too - if you have to hold the button down then your clutch switch has failed.

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Pyrotechnic wrote:
correct, press and release and it will turn over automatically until it fires
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe...Albert Einstein

Pyrotechnic
1st Gear

Post by Pyrotechnic » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:08 pm

ArthurPE wrote:
Pyrotechnic wrote:
Buggeringhellfire! I'll add clutch switch to the list :/

eightfoot
3rd Gear

Post by eightfoot » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:24 pm

ArthurPE wrote:
Pyrotechnic wrote:

unless you release the clutch pedal BEFORE it starts :bigblink:

Bobfin
Neutral

Post by Bobfin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Why are there 2 clutch switches, is it worth replacing both, are they both the same part number, has anyone bought them from Audi, if so how much.
Thanks Guys, great help.

ArthurPE
Cruising

Post by ArthurPE » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Bobfin wrote:Why are there 2 clutch switches, is it worth replacing both, are they both the same part number, has anyone bought them from Audi, if so how much.
Thanks Guys, great help.

I think the lower one (actuated when clutch depressed) is for the start safety interlock
haven't hear of this one failing

TonyHayers
5th Gear

Post by TonyHayers » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Bobfin wrote:Why are there 2 clutch switches, is it worth replacing both, are they both the same part number, has anyone bought them from Audi, if so how much.
Thanks Guys, great help.
Elsa appears to describe them as "clutch pedal switch" for the top one and "clutch pedal switch for engine start" for the bottom.

Replacing the top one fixed all the issues for me so no point replacing the bottom one unless symptoms persist as far as I can see.

I paid £12.65+vat from Leeds Audi parts.
06 Phantom Black Saloon:
DONE: Water Meth Injection, Carbon clean at 64k, CAI, Gutted Precats, Non-res x-pipe, H&R 8mm spacers, H&R springs
^ GONE :cry:

PaulH13
Neutral

Post by PaulH13 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:21 pm

is this a easy fix to diy not at all mechanically minded unless its the old ford pinto engine lol

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”