Rear brake upgrade?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
will_kdy
1st Gear

Rear brake upgrade?

Post by will_kdy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 am

Hi all :bigwave:

I'm fortunate enough to own an avant with ceramic front brakes and it's time to replace the rears, i'm more than likely going with Reyland floating but was thinking of going with the larger 360mm disks with the caliper relocations included, however i don't want to upset the braking balance, i would like better braking of course but aesthetics are the first reason, would upgrading hamper or improve the braking? As far as I know the rears are the same as cars without ceramics so the fronts are already upgraded as such. Also what pads are the best for the rear? Ive heard ds2500 but can't find rears cheers

Any imput would be greatly recieved :notworthy:
:yellowrs4:
Last edited by will_kdy on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimurH
Neutral

Re: Rear brake upgrade?

Post by TimurH » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:01 pm

I know the rears are the same as cars without ceramics so the fronts are already upgraded as such. Also interesting

will_kdy
1st Gear

Re: Rear brake upgrade?

Post by will_kdy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:37 pm

As far as I was aware.. care to elaborate? Maybe i'm wrong? I've not long bought the car and its been almost 10 years since my last rs car
Current Oriancio Borealis Avant - Double Glazing, Solar Sunroof, Ceramics, Black Optics, Individual Interior, Tinted Windows, Milltek Catted Downpipes, Milltek Res/non res Valved, Cool Box in Glovebox, defunked t.v, uprated headlights, KW V3 etc :D :yellowrs4:

Gone (1st love) 2007 RS 4 Daytona Saloon with Tech Pack, Buckets, Aluminium inlays & Adaptives

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”