Carbon Engine Bay Covers Replacements

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
No Equal
Neutral

Carbon Engine Bay Covers Replacements

Post by No Equal » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:49 am

Hi guys,
I found a thread from 2017 so thought I'd ask.
Looking to replace or re condition the carbon trims in the engine bay as they have turned yellow as they do.
Any suggestions?

Rs4nah
Neutral

Re: Carbon Engine Bay Covers Replacements

Post by Rs4nah » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm

I’ve seen some on eBay may actually be cheaper to buy another set that’s in better condition and then sell yours.

GhiniRS4
Neutral

Re: Carbon Engine Bay Covers Replacements

Post by GhiniRS4 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 am

Hello,

I have refurbished and ultimately purchased a new carbon fiber cover. I am not sure if the original carbon fiber cover was supposed to be yellow like that or not, but when I had it refurbished, the manufacturer told me that the original cover had a gold powder texture. I later found out that the new carbon fiber covers available on the market now only have the texture of carbon fiber, without the original gold powder texture.

Perhaps someone else knows where to buy an original cover with the gold powder texture, but personally, I have not found one. If I had known that the new covers didn't have the gold powder texture, and the condition of my old cover was still good (even if it had turned yellow), I probably wouldn't have bothered to refurbish it or purchase a new one.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”