Grill surround & wing mirror paint code - LAP6 aluminium matt

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Aldo
Neutral

Grill surround & wing mirror paint code - LAP6 aluminium matt

Post by Aldo » Tue May 17, 2022 7:55 pm

Hi All,

As I’ve mentioned in my other thread, my RS4 is in for a freshen up at the bodyshop at the moment.

We’re struggling to pin down a paint code for the matt aluminium finish on the grill surround and wing mirror casings.

Old code I’ve seen referenced is 1L1 but this doesn’t seem to correlate with any current paint code.

Has anyone managed to confirm a paint code that is a good match or is it a case of build up a chrome affair type colour then finish with a matt lacquer?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Al
Last edited by Aldo on Tue May 31, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aldo
Neutral

Re: Grill surround & wing mirror paint code - help needed

Post by Aldo » Tue May 31, 2022 1:05 pm

well, after some digging it seems that LAP6 Audi Aluminium Silver with a matt lacquer is the closest 'off the shelf' colour / finish match.

I have passed on to the bodyshop I am using who will do a test spray out to see just how close it is before committing.

If anyone has had any experience of this colour before I'd be interested to hear about or even see the results. Otherwise, hang tight and i'll post my thoughts post spray out.

Adymars
1st Gear

Re: Grill surround & wing mirror paint code - LAP6 aluminium matt

Post by Adymars » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:15 pm

How did you get on with the paint refurbishment on the mirrors ? Mine need doing badly. Any pics ??

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”