Headlight refresh / replacement lenses - links now added

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Aldo
Neutral

Headlight refresh / replacement lenses - links now added

Post by Aldo » Sun May 15, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi all,

My RS4 is currently in the bodyshop getting some TLC after taking the car back into my ownership (we’ve made up).

I’m sure I have read a thread or two on the forum where folk have had their headlights refurbished. After searching, I’m struggling to find again.

A recommended DIY kit may even work in this instance as it’s just a freshen up they need and maybe a new seal to make perfect.

I’m hopeful that someone could point me in the direction of who/where may be able to help.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Last edited by Aldo on Tue May 31, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Re: Headlight refresh

Post by johnnydog » Sun May 22, 2022 1:16 pm

Its not a difficult job to do yourself. There are several YouTube videos on this that may assist. I have done mine using progressively finer grades of wet and dry, plenty of water, and finish of with progressively finer grades of cutting compound. I did mine by hand - you have more control near the adjacent areas of bodywork / trim than even the smaller cordless hand polishers.
It is also important to apply a layer of UV resist polish to them to protect them from sunlight, which is their worse enemy. I understand when new, they had a coating intended to reduce the effects of UV rays, but this is removed when you refurb them. I did a pair two years ago, albeit not on an Audi, but they are still as crystal clear today as the day I did them. I re apply the UV resistant polish every 3 months or so, or more often if I remember!

Aldo
Neutral

Re: Headlight refresh

Post by Aldo » Tue May 31, 2022 1:00 pm

Thanks for taking to the time to reply Johnny, much appreciated.

I had a search and found this on Audizine:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthre ... estoration

Towards the end of the thread, there is also a link to replacement lenses from VXT. I've yet to decide which way I'm going to go.

CheeRS
Al.

Aldo
Neutral

Re: Headlight refresh / replacement lenses - links now added

Post by Aldo » Tue May 31, 2022 2:29 pm

and this re replacement lenses

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118843

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”