006435 - Please Check DTC Memory of ECU Number 2

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Bezza
Neutral

Post by Bezza » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Hi Guys
I am after some advice please,
i have a (2006) Audi RS4 Saloon, i have the Vagcom OBD reader, i noticed when i scanned the car i had these 2 faults (last year)

008197 - Intake Manifold Flap; Bank 2
P2005 - 002 - Stuck Open - Intermittent - MIL ON.

However i was not getting any warnings on the dash or anything
car has been running great to be fair, last month i had a rear parking sensor failure, i used Vagcom to locate the sensors,
i decided to replace all 4 of the rear sensors due to the bumper having to come off anyhow,
this worked perfectly, no beeping and the sensors worked fine, i should have left it at that,

i then decided i wanted to clear the faults off the system, so i then clicked clear all DTCs, and it went through all the modules and i noticed
the 2 above faults were still there, so i exited the VCDS , later on that day i went out in the car and yes, you guessed it
engine warning light ebc , scanned the car again and it just has the same 2 codes that have been there since i bought it.

Could i have awoken the DTC demon by trying to delete the code, maybe?
and on a UK car, what bank is bank 2.

any advice is welcomed, and thank you in advance

John

Bezza
Neutral

Re: 006435 - Please Check DTC Memory of ECU Number 2

Post by Bezza » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:00 pm

Update!!
Check DTC memory of engine 2, is just something ECU 1 brings up because ECU 2 has a fault
Bank 2 has to be the R/H side as your facing the car as i pulled the V8 trim off and you can just see the actuator arm going to the flaps on bank 2,
and yes, its partially stuck, or not enough vacuum to pull the actuator arm , i can move it by hand, but when i fire it up its trying to pull over
as just one nudge and it closes and the fault goes,

i have tried wd 40 to no avail, so i think either there is a vacuum leak, or the vacuum actuator has failed, bugger,

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”