I would like ears on a Milltek….

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Oliver89
Neutral

I would like ears on a Milltek….

Post by Oliver89 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m getting super excited about picking my long dreamed B7 RS4 tomorrow!!! The car is (apparently) standard apart from the DRC being replaced. As much as I want to keep it as standard as possible, I suspect, strongly, that I will want to upgrade the exhaust. Ive done so on my mk5 R32 and kept the original for when the time comes to sell. Multi car insurance here i come lol.
Is there anyone in either Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire or GU and west London areas who might let me hear a valved or non valved Milltek?
YouTube vids are great but definitely need to hear it in person at that price point.
Also I suspect the standard exhaust will be in one long piece? Asking as will need to take it home and store it.
The new baby will be needing a carbon clean as it’s on 70,000 and considering the flap delete.
Contacted MRC who quoted £1700 with a map. I said I didn’t really want a map but they said it’s required if you remove the flaps. Some seem to disagree with that. She mentioned it all depends if there is play in the rod. That’s the point I ceased to understand. Have a local who can manually clean up for £700 but then wouldn’t be able to do the tune. The other garage who seems to know about these cars (M-tech in Dorset) will walnut blast for around £700 but they use superchips to map. I guess I could bring it to MRC just to get the map done afterwards. I realise MRC are the bees knees but £1700 is a lot in comparison to the others. Anyone with flap removal and no map?
Will be taking the car to get a quick health check on my way home. My local guy couldn’t do Saturday so I struggled to find someone. Shoutout to German service centre in Wellington who will be doing it for FREE! on a Saturday!
Anyway I’m very excited to finally own one of these, and for all my hard earned money to be poured straight into it.
V8s won’t be around forever.

Chinny
2nd Gear

Re: I would like ears on a Milltek….

Post by Chinny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:15 pm

Oliver89 wrote:Hi everyone,
I’m getting super excited about picking my long dreamed B7 RS4 tomorrow!!! The car is (apparently) standard apart from the DRC being replaced. As much as I want to keep it as standard as possible, I suspect, strongly, that I will want to upgrade the exhaust. Ive done so on my mk5 R32 and kept the original for when the time comes to sell. Multi car insurance here i come lol.
Is there anyone in either Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire or GU and west London areas who might let me hear a valved or non valved Milltek?
YouTube vids are great but definitely need to hear it in person at that price point.
Also I suspect the standard exhaust will be in one long piece? Asking as will need to take it home and store it.
The new baby will be needing a carbon clean as it’s on 70,000 and considering the flap delete.
Contacted MRC who quoted £1700 with a map. I said I didn’t really want a map but they said it’s required if you remove the flaps. Some seem to disagree with that. She mentioned it all depends if there is play in the rod. That’s the point I ceased to understand. Have a local who can manually clean up for £700 but then wouldn’t be able to do the tune. The other garage who seems to know about these cars (M-tech in Dorset) will walnut blast for around £700 but they use superchips to map. I guess I could bring it to MRC just to get the map done afterwards. I realise MRC are the bees knees but £1700 is a lot in comparison to the others. Anyone with flap removal and no map?
Will be taking the car to get a quick health check on my way home. My local guy couldn’t do Saturday so I struggled to find someone. Shoutout to German service centre in Wellington who will be doing it for FREE! on a Saturday!
Anyway I’m very excited to finally own one of these, and for all my hard earned money to be poured straight into it.
I’m in Berkshire, Slough. More then happy for you to check out the sound. Drop me a WhatsApp on 07947422391

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12th
3rd Gear

Post by 12th » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:58 am

The map is worth it. A bit more power, a noticeable slug of extra torque and full throttle in the lower three gears. Restriction in this respect is why the standard car has a noticeable step up at 5,500rpm or so. This is what adds the most in term of pace.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Saloon with MRC tweakery.

Adymars
1st Gear

Post by Adymars » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:03 pm

I've had a flap delete and no remap ! I've not noticed anything untoward. MRC have a reputation of being the best but what comes with that is a huge bill which is usually higher than the quotation. Do what I did and find a VAG trained mechanic who is legit. At the end of the day our cars are not super complicated so for someone who has experience and can stamp the service book surely that's all we all want.
I've also had my centre box taken out and & straight pipes welded in. My valves work fine. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Oliver89
Neutral

Post by Oliver89 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:47 pm

Thanks for the replies. I went to pick the car up today and got it on some ramps. The centre resonators have already been deleted! I love the sound as it is so no longer need to hear the Milltek! Thanks for the offer though Chinny.
Seems this setup is a good middle ground which is perfect as the Milltek on my R32 is a little too loud for me. Sounds good though.
Found a guy in Poole who was a master tech at Audi, he can service with plugs for £350. Considering MRC want £660 (only £100 cheaper than Audi) I know where I’m going. Looks like I need new aux radiator at some point and still on the original oil cooler so prob get it done at the same time. Just need a few months to recover from the cost of purchase! Only negatives I’ve noticed so far is 1st gear can seem a little stiff, perhaps that’s normal, and occasional screeching noise when reversing. Odd

nw66
Neutral

Post by nw66 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:10 pm

Oliver89 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:48 pm
Hi everyone,
You get what you pay for bud MRC have always been spot on with me when i had my first B7 prob 2009, so just bought another one to stick in the garage which i sent straight to them! mine is 77k miles full Audi service history bog standard drove like a turd! plugged in my OBD tool flap stuck open! so carbon clean deflap stage 2 intake and map new coil packs de cat down pipes non res Miltek with flaps sounds <beep> epic! They are genuine good guys and in my opinion the best to go too for Audi tuning especially B7's! my daily driver is a w213 E63S 4 matic stage 2 800bhp/1100nm and is a supercar slayer but my B7 still makes me grin from ear to ear when i drive it! Hope you get yours to how you want it and enjoy you car :bigblink:
2007 RS4 B7 MRC stage 2 ETC ETC 448BHP
Daily driver E63S 4 Matic stage 2 800BHP

Oliver89
Neutral

Post by Oliver89 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:20 pm

Sounds like a wonderful couple of cars.
The bi-turbo C63 is my second favourite sounding car. After the B7 of course.
Mine is also full Audi history at 70k miles.
I like my cars to be as heathy as possible so I basically need some more money. Lots more. I’ll get there. Enjoyed every second of the drive home. Now in the garage waiting for some more fun. Love it.

nw66
Neutral

Post by nw66 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm

keep your Audi dealership stamps going just stick it in for an oil and filter change when needed even if you've had work done else where!
2007 RS4 B7 MRC stage 2 ETC ETC 448BHP
Daily driver E63S 4 Matic stage 2 800BHP

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:51 pm

Oliver89 Enjoy your RS4 B7 and well done, you've bought a super car :thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”