Should I or wait

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
lushman
3rd Gear

Should I or wait

Post by lushman » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi

Looking some advice. Long story short I left my car in last November to a friends body Shop for some paint work. In January he ordered an oven for his Shop so it was agreed that I would wait and we will respray the whole car keeping it sprint blue. There have been delays with the oven which is another story and should be up and running next week.

My question is,I have bought the oil pipes from LLL parts (good discount) and will be buying a radtec cooler. On inspection the pipes only have surface rust at joints so I am now unsure if I should change now or wait another year? Obviously changing now would be taking a preventative measure, but is it and additional unnecessary expense just now?

I am hoping to have the car complete before Christmas along with calipers painted Megane yellow, new expansion bottle, window/door rubbers and a few other bits and bobs.

If there is anything else people would change when the car has been stripped back let me know. Door blades may be an issue but will wait and see.

Ps the car was in great condition before however lacquer was starting to peel in a few places hence why it was going for some minor paint work

TIA
2006 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue & Black Optics
2000 Avus Silver B5 RS4 - Gone

F4rdy
Neutral

Re: Should I or wait

Post by F4rdy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:59 pm

if you're respraying the whole car, I'd say replacing the oil cooler whilst front bumper off for painting is the best choice

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Re: Should I or wait

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:44 pm

It’s not a big job to get the bumper off, but if it’s all going to be lovely and fresh paint, there’s always a risk you’ll damage it during removal or refitting.

I’d say change the cooler and pipes before it’s all put back together.

Out of interest, who’s doing the paint for you? I’m at a similar decision point with mine, there’s just too many little bits needing done and I’m considering just getting a full respray. Be interested to know what sort of money to do it. You can PM me if you prefer, or just tell me to mind my own business. :biggrin3:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”