"Sport Mode" always on ??

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
dubinpeace
Neutral

Post by dubinpeace » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:55 pm

I have a 2008 RS 4 that I purchased recently, about 66k on the clock, with a JHM stainless cat back exhaust. It seems like someone has programmed the "Sport Mode" to always be on? The accelerator is super sensitive (especially in 1st gear), and the exhaust note is rather loud. When I press the S button I don't notice any difference.

I'm assuming that something was done in the programming. I have a VAG-COM, but I don't know where to look.

Is this probable, or am I off somewhere?

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm

dubinpeace wrote:I have a 2008 RS 4 that I purchased recently, about 66k on the clock, with a JHM stainless cat back exhaust. It seems like someone has programmed the "Sport Mode" to always be on? The accelerator is super sensitive (especially in 1st gear), and the exhaust note is rather loud. When I press the S button I don't notice any difference.

I'm assuming that something was done in the programming. I have a VAG-COM, but I don't know where to look.

Is this probable, or am I off somewhere?
JHM exhaust is not valved so even with the S button active or not, this will not make any difference in terms of the exhaust sound, do you know if you have catless DP’s or gutted piggies? Also the JHM exhaust comes with an Xpipe that is either res or non res, you will notice if its resonated if you see a resonator at the end of each pipe right before the curve starts for each rear muffler. If it doesnmt have these then yes, the system is quite loud…

S mode affects the way the throttle body reacts and makes it more sensitive, there is also a torque limiter for the first gears so what you are basically describing as “super sensitive” I assume is the fact that the car is “bucking” when you disengage the clutch and try to take off? If its this this will get resolved mainly with a tune and more seat time with the car Image.

Personally I’ve never read of anyone that has brought up the S function being permanently coded on, I can only think that the button itself is stuck but maybe it can be coded or uncoded but I’m not aware Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”