Help pls - how to remove main radiator?

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
flylife2k
1st Gear

Help pls - how to remove main radiator?

Post by flylife2k » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi Chaps,

Oil cooler pipe leak so thought I would fix it myself, oil cooler off but unfortunately broke left rusted nut holding oil cooler bracket to main radiator. Tried drilling out with left hand drill bit but unfortunately snapped the left handle bit in the hole. Second option was to drill, tap and use helicoil but hole is getting messy with not much luck. Not wanting to cause too much damage to plastic stub holding threaded insert on radiator im thinking it will be much easier (safer) to remove the radiator and work on thread.

An anyone with the relevant material be kind enough to send me a how-to please? Im nearly there but do not want to cause any unintentional damage

Thank you regardless
Tiff

alex760
1st Gear

Re: Help pls - how to remove main radiator?

Post by alex760 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:35 pm

You could always go on Erwin and pay the fee for 24 hours access to download all the relevant procedures for removing the radiator. I think last time I used it, it was around £7.
https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do

There is also this post on how to put the front into a service position however last time I checked some/all the photos weren't working but it may still help you out.
https://forums.audirevolution.net/t/diy ... 4-rs4/7972

flylife2k
1st Gear

Re: Help pls - how to remove main radiator?

Post by flylife2k » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 pm

That's great thank you very much, looking at the radiator doesn't look like it needs to go into the service position but may be mistaken, i'll have a look at Erwin :thumbs:

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”