Sanity check: price for RNS cancel and RNS delete

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
TaPaKaH
Neutral

Post by TaPaKaH » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Had KW V3 coilovers and H&R 33250-2 anti-roll bars installed on my RS4 Avant a few days ago.
Sadly, the KW package did not include the DRC cancelation kit.
This isn't a problem for me as I have zero intention of ever going back to DRC, but exposed oil lines might be a problem for the Swiss officials, who are yet to approve of the coversion.

The Shop who did the version are asking 425 Euros for the DRC calcelation (i.e. plugging the exposed oil lines with KW branded caps) or an 'estimate' of 2000-3000 Euros to have all DRC components promptly removed.
I was wondering if these prices are reasonable and/or if there are cheaper alternatives in the EU to get either job done.

Thanks in advance!

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:59 pm

TaPaKaH wrote:Had KW V3 coilovers and H&R 33250-2 anti-roll bars installed on my RS4 Avant a few days ago.
Sadly, the KW package did not include the DRC cancelation kit.
This isn't a problem for me as I have zero intention of ever going back to DRC, but exposed oil lines might be a problem for the Swiss officials, who are yet to approve of the coversion.

The Shop who did the version are asking 425 Euros for the DRC calcelation (i.e. plugging the exposed oil lines with KW branded caps) or an 'estimate' of 2000-3000 Euros to have all DRC components promptly removed.
I was wondering if these prices are reasonable and/or if there are cheaper alternatives in the EU to get either job done.

Thanks in advance!
425 to twist 4 caps at the end of the lines? That is outrageous in my opinion!

Not sure what your other immediate options are but if the 2 DRC pumps valves in the rear are closed you should have no further leaks other than what was lost during the disconection of the struts and install.

I bought my caps from someone here in the US and I think they were not the original KW’s so there are some items out there that you can use in lieu off but I’m sensing that you might be in a hurry as you still have your car at the Shop and its not road legal at present?

Attaching some pictures for reference based on what I’ve referred to above, the capping of the lines is extremely easy, doesn’t take more than 5 minutes each…

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

alex760
1st Gear

Re: Sanity check: price for RNS cancel and RNS delete

Post by alex760 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:34 pm

M12 x 1mm If my memory serves me correctly but it's been a while since I has some made up.

TaPaKaH
Neutral

Post by TaPaKaH » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:43 pm

AA_954 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:59 pm
Yes. I saw some posts from 2014 where people were complaining for these costing about 100, but with Covid shortages of everything the 425 might be the new norm, hence the question.
I hope the quoted price is actually for a kit that also includes the electrical bits to suppress error messages when DRC valves are physically removed later on. Guess I'll find out Monday when I call the Shop again.
AA_954 wrote:
Not sure what your other immediate options are but if the 2 DRC pumps valves in the rear are closed you should have no further leaks other than what was lost during the disconection of the struts and install.
I'd be fine with that, as long as the car passes inspection. How can I know if the valves are closed?
AA_954 wrote:
I bought my caps from someone here in the US and I think they were not the original KW’s so there are some items out there that you can use in lieu off but I’m sensing that you might be in a hurry as you still have your car at the Shop and its not road legal at present?
Yeah, saw the BQ166 parts at BrakeQuip in the US but I see they don't offer international shipping, and are not likely to bother with exception for a $12 order.

AA_954
1st Gear

Post by AA_954 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:13 pm

TaPaKaH wrote:
AA_954 wrote:
Yes. I saw some posts from 2014 where people were complaining for these costing about 100, but with Covid shortages of everything the 425 might be the new norm, hence the question.
I hope the quoted price is actually for a kit that also includes the electrical bits to suppress error messages when DRC valves are physically removed later on. Guess I'll find out Monday when I call the Shop again.
AA_954 wrote:
I'd be fine with that, as long as the car passes inspection. How can I know if the valves are closed?
AA_954 wrote:
Yeah, saw the BQ166 parts at BrakeQuip in the US but I see they don't offer international shipping, and are not likely to bother with exception for a $12 order.

The Shop should have done this when they removed the struts so first ask them. I can’t remember which ones I closed if it was the ones I circled in yellow, green or all 4 lol but basically loosen the rusty nuts (after spraying them with some pblaster or equivalent) and then the inner pieces tightens clockwise with an allen key, once it feels tight this closes the flow/valve and you just proceed to tighten those nuts again.

When I did my suspension swap and loosened the DRC strut lines, it was just a few drops that came out, only reason I capped the lines is because I had the caps.

Again check with the Shop if they did this, hopefully this was the case…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

coffey555
5th Gear

Post by coffey555 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:41 pm

There are no electrical components on the B7 DRC system, so no need to worry about error lights/cancellation kits.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”