Loose Recaro Wingback (when cornering)

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
mikeymike14
Neutral

Loose Recaro Wingback (when cornering)

Post by mikeymike14 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:52 pm

I've noticed my drivers seat has some play in it. I notice it during cornering sometimes, and it feels like the movement comes from the base or lower backrest (where it joins the base).

When I'm out of the seat, the base feels secure so I'm not convinced this is the issue. One area that feels pretty wooly is the dial for adjusting the recline which has a good 5 degrees of play in it before moving the backrest, the passenger seat has only about 1 degree of play.

I've searched quite a bit but the only issues people mention are the inflation and connectors. The wear and tear causing this must be happening to many cars by now (mine has done 80k miles and the seat looks in reasonable condition), can anyone help or comment whether they have quite a lot of play in the reclining mechanism? Perhaps some photos of how to take the seat apart to check it?

TIA :)
Capture12.PNG

Mark_b
Neutral

Re: Loose Recaro Wingback (when cornering)

Post by Mark_b » Sat May 29, 2021 4:19 pm

i sympathise. I've got a different issue with my rs4 bucket seats which doesn't seem to have been discussed much on the forum!
sorry to not be any help but I feel for you!

coffey555
5th Gear

Re: Loose Recaro Wingback (when cornering)

Post by coffey555 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:14 am

My back rest adjuster also has plenty of play in it and I am sure it reclines on it's own over time!

No idea how to fix it but I suspect something is worn somewhere.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”