First drive of the season = some issues..

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
Chaniboy
Neutral

First drive of the season = some issues..

Post by Chaniboy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi Guys!

Today I finally started my rs4 after 6 months of winter. Everything went smooth, I drove 2 minutes to the gas station to fill up the tank. Since the battery was a bit weak, I left the car running while I got gas, yes its stupid I know.. Anyway, when I got back in the car the EPC light was on. The engine ran smoothly and the idle was normal, but it was limited to 2.5k rpms. I figured it has to do with me filling up gas with the engine running. I tried shutting it off and on but it was still there. Now I have just parked it and dont want to drive it anymore with the EPC light on.

Do you think it is something else? Should i drive it carefully to the mechanics right away? Any other ideas I should try myself?

Also the ESP light was on all the time since I first started it. That doesnt feel too serious, but it needs to be fixed.

//Jacob

alex760
1st Gear

Re: First drive of the season = some issues..

Post by alex760 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 am

Have to get it scanned really to find out otherwise it's a guessing game. Do you know anybody with VCDS?

Alex

Chaniboy
Neutral

Post by Chaniboy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Hey! Today I drove the car to my mechanic and the EPC warning was gone this morning when I started it, and also the traction-light. He scanned it anyway, and he only found one "unknown error code" that was deleted. The car runs perfectly.

I guess the misstake I made when getting gas while the car was running just solved itself during the night, there is a pressure/vacuum in the tank that got restored maybe? Also my battery was weak so that could cause some issues like the traction warning. Anyways, now I hope to get a problem free summer and alot of fun miles :)

//Jacob

Nige_RS4
Cruising

Post by Nige_RS4 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:03 am

A low battery voltage can bring on all sorts of random codes.

The 'unknown error' was probably from your mechanic not having the correct diagnostic tool for your car - the generic readers can't read all the blocks correctly so you will never know what the problem was.
www.speedcams.co.uk

B5 2.7t S4 - gone
B5 2.7t RS4 - gone
Ed 30 Golf DSG - gone
A5 3.0tdi - gone within 12 months!
S3 2.0 tfsi - 6+ years, but now sold
2018 Golf R 7.5

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”