S4 to RS4 swap

4.2 V8 32v Naturally Aspirated - 414 bhp
blakeyin
Neutral

S4 to RS4 swap

Post by blakeyin » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:50 pm

Hello all,

I am currently looking at a 2008 blue S4. 100k miles, I am from Michigan for detail on this next part..

I found this car at everything seemed right but the price. It was a bit high at 18k for the car but the pictures looked exceptionally clean. I followed up and stopped in the dealer to see the car.. The hood is popped and in the engine bay is a RS4 motor, come to find out it is fully RS4 swapped, meaning drivetrain, motor, ECU everything.
It has a full Borla exhaust and apparently headers which I cant tell nor see with how tight the bay is and how lowered the car is. UNDOCUMENTED miles on the RS4 motor and the car was taken in on a trade in. It runs and drives and starts up and idles very nicely.

It is a very large chance but from what I understand the jump into doing the swap is never the less a money pit and it had to be documented somewhere by someone with knowledge about Audi's, it was very cleanly done with a solid S4 chasis that was a Florida car for 92k miles and serviced at Audi in Fort Lauderdale FL every 3 months, then the carfax documentation falls off the map for 4 years and 10k miles I am guessing that time period is when the swap was done. I have pictures of the car and can post some if anyone has any pertaining information about this car. Pics to be posted shortly..

Thank you.

blakeyin
Neutral

Re: S4 to RS4 swap

Post by blakeyin » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Pictures of car, if anyone has any info or anything to base a price off of.. greatly appreciated.. I love the car.

Coming off my 6 speed E60 M5 I just needed a 4 door super sedan again.. I fell in love the second I pulled off the lot
Attachments
Audi Pass Front.jpg
Audi Side Driver.jpg
Engine Bay.jpg
Interior Rear.jpg
Interior.jpg

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:45 am

So this is an S4 with DTM bodykit and a RS4 engine?
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

blakeyin
Neutral

Post by blakeyin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:21 pm

@daytonamart Probably yes on the bodykit, and yes on the RS4 engine. My real question is if anyone on this forum had or knows of any documentation to this cars swap.
Like I said its very well done with a battery relocation and all, I am skeptical about the drivetrain swap. Or if it actually is done. I am not sure of any transmission differences between the cars and if the ECUs match up with the standard 6 speed or if the engine and S4 drivetrain match well together. All I'm looking for is more information. How often is this done? Am I walking into a running nightmare? If it has been done how reliable is the swap, and what is something like this worth to any of you from a buyer stand point?

outsider6661
Neutral

Post by outsider6661 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 pm

I believe this cars previous owner posted this swap on Audizine a few years ago. You should post this there in the s4/rs4 section for more information

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”