Look595
Neutral

Springtime mods

Post by Look595 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Finally - booked in.
Carbon clean.
De-flap.
Gutted pre-cats.
X pipe fabricated - to replace the unusual Y piece that comes with the Scorpion cat back.

Courtesy CM Tuning Leeds.

Tied together with a Stage 2 (MRC Tuning Ltd)

One query I have, I’m torn between having the flaps removed.....I’ve heard this can cause low end torque figures and can run quite lumpy when cold.
Are there any other cons which may outweigh the pros?

Steve

AA_954
1st Gear

Springtime mods

Post by AA_954 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Look595 wrote:Finally - booked in.
Carbon clean.
De-flap.
Gutted pre-cats.
X pipe fabricated - to replace the unusual Y piece that comes with the Scorpion cat back.

Courtesy CM Tuning Leeds.

Tied together with a Stage 2 (MRC Tuning Ltd)

One query I have, I’m torn between having the flaps removed.....I’ve heard this can cause low end torque figures and can run quite lumpy when cold.
Are there any other cons which may outweigh the pros?

Steve
Hmmm there has been plenty of documented cases of flaps screws falling in or flaps breaking apart and pieces falling into the engine and destroying these, I think that in our owners whatsapp chat and discord channel in the US we currently have 3 owners looking for engines due to flap failure, these are becoming incredibly difficult to find and extremely expensive too.

I think the pro’s outweigh the con’s here and MRC should be able to tune out these rough starts that some owners have mentioned that they get - hasn’t been a large number here in the US that mention this although its always a possibility...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “RS4 (B7 Typ 8E) 2006–2008”